Well, I found that "POP" I heard going down the road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave Stringham

Tehachapi Calif or probably lost somewhere
Going down the Hwy last weekend, I hit a fairly significant bump in the road that shook the coach pretty good and I heard this "POP" coming from the rear of the coach.  I immediatley pulled over and shut everything off.  I looked at everything I could see or touch, restarted the coach, didnt hear anything abnormal, coach didnt lean to one side or anything, tires were good, I just couldnt find anything.  I continued on to the campground, drove just fine, ran just fine.  Got to the camp ground, set up, everything working just fine.  So dumb founded, I just sort of gave up on finding anything......

that night, I noticed one of the small flourescent bulbs in the interior of the coach was burnt out, no biggee, I will change it tomorrow morning.  Next day I went to my little cabinet that held by replacment bulbs..........low and behold, there is was, I guess the bump was enough that it bounced my replacement flourescents and 2 of them broke inside the paper safety package....

PHEW !  Thats much a cheaper fix than I thought my problem was when I heard the "POP"  ;D

Where was that BUMP, sure want to make sure its not where I'm headed.
;D

Two additional reasons for "pops".

1. Toilet seat was left UP.  easy fix...make sure it is lowered before driving.

2. Bedroom door ( 1/2 swivel type).. easy fix...put a pillow on the floor to keep it open.

Happy noiseless driving... :D

carson FL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom