Changing the chairs with a second couch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken Meyers

I have a 1991 Beaver Contessa. I would like to reconfigure the front to sleep 2 more. It sleeps only 2 now. Dinette is fixed and the front couch is short. Could a second RV couch be put in to replace the chairs and lampstand to unfold and meet in the middle to make a large bed? Thanks.

You will just have to measure what you have and see what fits. There are numerous styles of RV sofas that fold out in different ways and with different dimensions, so hunt around for something that works for you. You might find a sofa that opens into a queen bed to replace your existing one (assuming you have enough room to open it).

Finding quality used RV sofas has been a challenge for me, especially because mine is a pretty unique L-shaped design.  New ones are way out of my price range.

The problem I forsee with the "meet in the middle" plan would be that gap.  Usually there isn't much support at the end of a fold-out mattress... put two of those together and it might sink down quite a bit if laying longwise between the two.

Thanks Gary & Scott! The existing couch is not wide enough to lay down length-wise and you could only lay down diagonally (one) or put your calves/feet in the opposing chairs (two) (space of two feet gap between). Thus the reason to find another flip couch that might meet, or come close, in the middle to make a big bed for two. The original flip couch sits partially over the wheel well (base of couch has two different heights).  I see a number, as Gary said, of varying lengths/widths/depths couches and will need to measure and shop. Thanks again!

Wow that sounds like a small couch!  I mean they're usually not oversized by any means, but can generally fit at least 1 person.  If you start shopping/finding decent RV couches anywhere, post back any good places you find.  I'm interested in an upgrade too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom