Pickle ball anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
When we were at a lunch in Oregon a few weeks ago we happened to be across the table from a couple who spend their winters in Happy Trails. They told us about a game called swiffle ball (hope I got it right) that is the rage in Happy Trails and, they said, across Arizona. They even have competitions and leagues. Anyone familiar with the game?

Tom said:
When we were at a lunch in Oregon a few weeks ago we happened to be across the table from a couple who spend their winters in Happy Trails. They told us about a game called swiffle ball (hope I got it right) that is the rage in Happy Trails and, they said, across Arizona. They even have competitions and leagues. Anyone familiar with the game?

Pickle Ball!  Like tennis with a larger ball, smaller court and different paddle.  The world pickle ball games were at HT last spring.

Phil

Phil said:
Pickle Ball!

That's it Phil! I knew I didn't quite have the name right  ;D  IIRC the guy was wearing a "pickle ball" t-shirt and that's what started the conversation. I thought at first that he might be joking, but he and his wife were clearly very serious about their game. Anyone know the rules?

Tom said:
That's it Phil! I knew I didn't quite have the name right  ;D  IIRC the guy was wearing a "pickle ball" t-shirt and that's what started the conversation. I thought at first that he might be joking, but he and his wife were clearly very serious about their game. Anyone know the rules?

Tom,

The rules are like tennis.

http://www.pickleball.com/

Phil

Thanks Phil. Those paddles look just like the guy described them; I don't think I'd be safe swinging one of those around, or at least anyone within range wouldn't be safe. Looks like a lot of fun though and I understand it's a fast game.

BTW I went ahead and corrected the subject line. Thanks to Phil for realizing what I was talking about.

Is there any RV parks that have Pickleball courts in Flordia or Arizona that any know of?

What a great fun game! Good exercise, competitive, and fun for men and women.

I play indoors all the time in Michigan , just purchased a 40ft DP and ready to roll south.

Tom Wallace

Since I first posted on this subject, I've discovered a very active local pickleball group that includes several neighbors and members of a club I belong to. They play several times a week at a local park and provide all the equipment. They welcome newcomers, and even have a newbies clinic. Maybe there are similar groups at other local parks around the country  ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom