Replacement Stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

PatrioticStabilist

This is just a maybe what if.  The motorhome I bought only has the cooktop, no oven.  It has the open cabinet underneath, they built a slide out drawer for pots and pans in it instead.  I like to cook and like to bake so I don't think just a microwave is going to do it for me.

Also DD and I kind of have an issue with IBS so I will tend to eat in more, not all the time though.

The only Issue I see is the electrical panels are underneath and I'm thinking this may generate to much heat over that.  To the left is countertop and the kitchen sink, to the right is the end of the bathtub. 

I'm not saying I'm going to do this later but thinking about it.  Also seems these stoves are around $400.  I've read in other areas here, do any of the come with electronic ignition like my home gas stove.  I have no problem with lighting the pilots but would prefer the electronic is they make it.  I know hubby could put it in.  What I am wondering is it something I should even consider.

We put a combi unit in our Dutch Star and have been happy with it although it does have a manual pilot light.  We also have a combined microwave/convection oven and my wife now believes that that would be sufficient.  We have a convection oven in the house and also a combi microwave/convection.  The regular oven is only used when we are cooking stuff too large for the Micro or we are cooking 2 things at much different temperatures.

Just a thought,

Good info to know, thanks, will think on that before I make more work for dear old hubby.

our MAGIC CHEF cook top-oven combo, circa 2001, does not have a pilot light for the cook top burners but does have a separate knob to turn for electronic ignition. the oven knob has off, pilot light on, and on positions. we leave it off except when we want to use the oven. we don't use the stove or oven often.
we have a sharp microwave and a proctor-silex toaster oven that takes care of most of our cooking.
i bought a 12" electric skillet from kmart primarily to use to defrost the freezer. i set the stat to about 185 deg with a liter of filtered water in it. it defrosts the freezer in about 20 min.
my dw uses the skillet for stir fry and some other 1 dish dinners. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom