Winnebago Satellite Dish Power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yolo

One more question for the group.  Our 2004 Vectra came from Winnebago with a Winegard AS-2003 dish on the roof.  The control box in the front upper cabinet shows no voltage at all on any of the connections.  I believe from the manual that I have 12 volts should be wired to the dish and the control cable to the control box would be powered from there.  I cannot find any fuses or breakers that would relate to satellite dish and none of the breakers are tripped.  Probably this dish will be junk, but I would like to see if it will work. 

So does anyone here know where the power would originate from in the coach?

Another side problem that I have.  The coach was equipped with a remote spotlight and the remote is in some "remote" location and not on the coach.  Anyone know the brand that Winnebago used so I could try to find a replacement?

Thanks all.

Go to the Winegard site, winegard.com, and download the installation and operators manuals there.  That dish is old and there are amost no parts availabe for it if it is broken but if it works, it works.  It will not get satellite HD programming.

We have one in our DutchStar and it is holding on.  I got one of the last azimuth drive rings over a year ago and I have heard there are no more.  Several others were looking for parts on other lists as Winegard has few few parts for it.  Usually they will advise buying a new dish if you call for parts.

MAke sure the buttons on the dash are set correctly.  The speaker button should be in the TV mode and the battery button should be on House.  This should power the switch in the overhead compartment.

Don't know bout the power, but I have heard how bad these units are. On my 05 Journey, after reading bad reports and much procrastination I finally got up the nerve to push the buttons..Activated my Direct Tv receiver checked on the top switches to see that it was set on 101 and it worked like a charm. AL A LOU YAH!!!

Don't know how long it will keep on keeping on, but I am gonna enjoy it while it does. Safe Miles to all.

Don't know if your Vectra is wired this way or not, but as you say, the antenna needs 12VDC power. Mine is tied in to the 12V that powers the switch box. In other words, the installers just tapped in to the 12VDC power wire that powers the Winegard switch box. There are no separate fuses or breakers other than the fuse that protects the switch box.

Well bbbeeboop is right that by turning the dash switches to House Power and TV, I am getting something to the Winegard box.  I briefly tried that and got a popping sound in the speakers and could turn it on and off with the power switch.  I couldn't make the dish move with the search button.  I didn't have a satellite receiver plugged in. Didn't have a voltmeter handy at that time.  Problem is that the coach is in storage and not here at home to try things out.  I've never used directv or dish, I use cable at the house, so it will be a learning experience.  Thanks for everyone's help.  From what I have heard, I probably will have to go with some other antenna to get satellite tv up and running.

Think I read that your Direct TV receiver has to be on to get power to the LNB(?) before the unit will search..Call Winegard if you can't get yours to work they are very helpful.Think I'm right. But I just fumble, don't really know much...Thank goodnes mine worked fine. Good Luck

itchn2go said:
Think I read that your Direct TV receiver has to be on to get power to the LNB(?) before the unit will search..Call Winegard if you can't get yours to work they are very helpful.Think I'm right. But I just fumble, don't really know much...Thank goodnes mine worked fine. Good Luck

You are correct, the sat box must be on to get the dish to work.

Okay, here's how I get mine to work if it won't search.  Unplug receiver, turn on the dish (so that it can orient itself) wait about a minute, now plug back in the receiver (you must have 110V power for the receiver to work) The receiver should turn on and start searching.  Once I find the bird I turn the dish switch off.  Turn it back on if I want a channel on another bird.
Good Luck, it's not that hard, but patience is a virtue.

Back
Top Bottom