High pitch sound in my motorhome that is coming from the rear end

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimJack

Hello everybody, I really enjoy reading the posts on the site and I have really learned a lot. I have a question about my 1998 35ft. Winnebago Adventurer. When I start out driving it is very smooth and shifts through the gears very well, but when I get up to about 45 mph and above, this is a high pitch whining sound that I hear and to me it sounds like it is coming from the front right of the coach. I have heard some folks say that I need to take the alum. cover off the tire and that would solve the sound, tried that and no luck. I also just had 6 new tires but on the motorhome and thought it may have been an issue with the old tires, still does it with the new tires. I recently had it at a Chevy dealer and ask the mechanic to ride along and see if he could pin point the sound and see what he thought and he walked to the back of the coach while above 45 mph and he said it sounded it was coming from the rear end and rear axle. He said it might be just a universal that needed to be greased or could be something in the rear axle. I plan on taking the coach back later to check this out, but in the meantime, has anyone ever had this issue before and if so what turned out to be the solution to the problem.

Thanks for your thoughts

Back
Top Bottom