Low bedroom air volume 2009 Itasca Latitude

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerry0312

I have a 2009 Itasca Latitude and am experiencing low air volume in the bedroom.  Took it back to dealer and was told air volume was okay.  The volume in bedroom vents is much less than volume in rest of coach.  Tried closing off the other vents but volume in bedroom still low.  Has anyone else had this experience with similar unit?? ???  :(

Sounds like you have under floor routing, and the ducting is normaly just light tubeing and will many times get kinked during production and installation, probably hard to access to.>>>Dan

On my '05 Horizon, there are two ducts in the ceiling that run almost the entire length of the ceiling.  Air outlets are aligned along each duct run.  If you have low air volume at one duct. but all of the others going forward have good air flow, then your duct run is not blocked.  I suggest you remove the air outlet (the register) where you have low volume and make sure you can see no obstructions when you look into the duct run.

Your airflow sounds normal....it's the basement air that starts blowing from the rear to the front....your front ducts will always have more air flow.  Our basement air rear bedroom vents barely put out any air, and the reason is, the flow is going toward the front where the duct ends.

Thanks John.  I do believe there is some obstruction in the duct that comes across the bedroom ceiling.  There are two registers about 3 inches in diameter.  The ducts appear to be molded into the styrofoam celing insulation during manufacture.  I cannot see very far down them, but have not been able to see any obstruction.  Not sure what is going on but gets kinda frustrating during hot weather.  One would think  if all the other vent registers are closed the volume out the bedroom registers would at least be as great as the amount that comes out one of those that you have closed.  Does not come close to front register volume.
I appreciate the response.
Jerry

Well apparently my response was ignored, but thats ok.  ::)  Heres the deal...if you are getting full air flow from the front vents, there are no obstructions in the rear vents. And you are correct...the two full length ducts are just cut out from the styrofoam in the ceiling to "make ducts".

seems confusing to me... a/c is in the basement, primary duct runs up the rear wall to two ceiling ducts with adjustable "registers" along the ducts running from the aft wall to the front.  The dynamic air pressure would be higher in the back, and therefore more flow in the back unless there is a choke that modulates the air flow in the back to allow air to make it all the way to the front.  Seems like WB could answer this question?  Call Tech Support?  I'm very interested in the answer...

thx, G.

Jerry0312 said:
I have a 2009 Itasca Latitude and am experiencing low air volume in the bedroom.  Took it back to dealer and was told air volume was okay.  The volume in bedroom vents is much less than volume in rest of coach.  Tried closing off the other vents but volume in bedroom still low.  Has anyone else had this experience with similar unit?? ???  :(

Our 08 Journey is similar to yours. It has bothered my wife, but not me. Yours might be worse than ours. I have not tried to see how they extract the air from the main trunk line but suspect they were trying to get more air flow to the front. Many times in commerical duct systems or any system with a air flow problem, where the bulk of the air is passing a duct, they install extractors, some of them adjustable. This is just a curved blade that reaches into the main air flow & turns it towards the outlet where more air is desired. If the ceiling grills are just cut into the main trunk line, it should be easy to extract more air out.

Keep in mind, if yours is like ours, all the air in the RV has to return back through the bed room.

My Journey is the same.  When I encounter really hot nights, I close off all the vents except the BR (and on my floor plan), the one between the bath room hallway.  It forces more air flow from the BR vents.  Additionally, I put a fan on my dresser on low speed to help circulate the cool air.

Best Regards!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffandjoan
Back
Top Bottom