used Wilderness need info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

northwoods

We are thinking about buying a used 2001 26 foot Fleetwood Wilderness TT, hubby loves the gel coat and I love the space, it has a large slide for couch and dinette, with lots of windows, walk around queen. My questions is this: any known problems we should be aware of? I know Fleetwood is out of business, is this a major problem with used? Where can I get specs? We looked through the TT but could not find a paper to say the specs. Need to know the dry weight, can we pull this with our 1998 Chevy 1500? Any info would be great, thanks all.
nancy b

HI nancyb, you will probably get several good responses from forum members. In the meantime just have a look at the link about trailering 101    click here

carson

We owned a 2000 Wilderness 27' TT from 2004 - 2009. It was wood frame with aluminum siding (not smooth side) and did not have a slide but overall, we were very happy with it. Good storage space, layout, quality, etc. We did fight with a water leak for the last 3 years, however. 2 different dealers ruled out the roof but they never could find where it was coming from and I was tired of fixing the damage every Spring so we ended up selling it. (The water ended up running down through the walls and under the floor rotting out the OSB flooring material and some floor joists.)

Water leaks are not a Fleetwood-specific problem, of course but I would recommend you check every cabinet, under the bunks, open all the access hatches, etc. to check for any sort of damage.

Our TT was about 5200# empty and had a GVWR of 7000# - it towed well with our 1999 Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 liter engine. The spec sticker was in an overhead cabinet - over the sink, I believe. Some are on the door and most newer ones (not sure as of which year) are on the outside driver's side near the front.

By the way, we fully disclosed the water damage when we sold - the buyer was a carpenter!

Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom