2005 Sightseer Head Light Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Top38

I have a head light short that's intermittent. Just woundering if there is any noted problems with this motorhome I should check first.

thanks

When I bought my 2006 Voyage the head lights were also intermittent. There is a ground wire on the front underside on mine that has a nut on the stud. Mine was so lose the wire eye on the end of the ground wires could spin! It also made the turn signals intermittent. Look for white wires going to the frame usually on a welded stud . Good luck Art

I know there is a direct short but it'snot there all the time. The daytime running lights get me by for now. The last time I looked arround I didn't see anything obvious so I popped another fuse in and all was good until I drove done the road, about 3 miles and a few bumps and it popped again. I did take a look at the wire by the lights up front and all looks good at least from what I can see.

Top39
I sorry I misread your post. I was thinking intermittent open, if you are blowing fuses you sure do have a short or to much load for that fuse. To find an intermittent short can be time consuming. Try to disconnect the left headlight side from the right if there is a plug to isolate the problem. It may not be the headlights as the running lights usually come on with the headlights.  Look at the fuse that has blown. If there is a big gap then it was a direct short. If it is brown and burnt looking, it slowly burnt meaning more current than the fuse could handle went threw it like a 10 amp fuse installed where a 15 amp fuse is supposed to go. Good luck.

It's a direct short! The running lights are separate, they are fine.

A friend has a spare multi-functional switch, I may give that a try since it's pretty easy to replace. Tracing wires in the coach dash doesn't look like fun.

thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom