1992 pacearrow Still rolls in park position

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

f.flujan

Hi everyone. when i put my MH in park position, it will still roll about a foot or two and then feels like it engages somehow. is this a feature that pace arrow made so that nothing breaks in the tranny trying to hold back such a heavy apparatus or is there something wrong with my tranny. by the way my MH is 32 feet long with a 454. thanks for all your hel

As I recall it has a drum style parking park at the output end of the tranny.  From your description, it sounds like it is sluggish to engage.  The parking brake is powered by flow & pressure from a power steering pump.  There could be 1 or 2 pumps on the front of the engine, I don't recall.  The problem may be low fluid level, a pump problem, or a problem at the parking brake end.  First look at fluid level and if low also look for leaks in the tubing & hoses between the two.

You have a Chevy chassis with the dreaded Auto-Park. The system is supposed to apply the parking brake when shifted into Park. The drum brake on the drive shaft is spring applied and hydraulic release. You may have a hydraulic problem or the shoe on the drum is worn.

have not checked the oil, due to the MH not being at my house but if the shoe is worn, (I have not yet been under there) is it something that is needs to be done at a shop by a proffesional or can a do it yourselfer with my dad (who knows lots of stuff) fix it. And 2 if its a hydraulic problem, is the power coming from the power steering like bobflight had mentioned earlier.

Our first Pace Arrow had a problem with Auto Park that involved adjustment of the cable/switch (?) that was activated by the shift lever.

Sorry I can't remember more but that was 20 years ago.  ::) ::)

Roger Haag (oldusedbear) has a wealth of info and very helpful on the P30 autopark.

Howard
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto response from oldusedbear
If you need AutoPark info, I'll respond ASAP. Save time by contacting
me at [email protected] - - the AP info involves file sizes too large
for a Private Message. PLEASE include your email address and year
model. Thanks - Roger - - aka oldusedbear
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom