S. E. Rally Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have arrived safely at Henderson Beach State Park, in Destin, FL. If was a fun rally, and we had a great time. It was a wonder mix of newbies and oldies. Thanks to everybody.

And a big thanks to Gary and Nancy. We missed you. I think you'd be proud of us.

Dale and Karen:

We're looking forward to seeing you again this winter out west.

We arrived safely back in Yadkin. It was 33 deg this morning, surely it's time to move south.

We had a wonderful time at the rally. It was great to see old and new friends. As Barb said
I think Gary and Nancy would have been proud of all of us.

Dave

Jane and I finally arrived home (Raleigh, NC) yesterday afternoon, after a leisurely paced four day trek up the Carolina(s) coast from the SE Rally site.  We ate our way from seafood restaurant to restaurant, from Charleston to Wilmington, NC.

What a GREAT! time we had at the Rally.  Thanks, to all the new friends we met.  I want to thank the "Old Hands" for making us new folks feel so welcome and hope that we somehow added to the experience for the other first timers.  A great time, with a great bunch of folks.

Hope to have the opportunity to do it again sometime in the future.

lou and Jane

I just downloaded the contents of my "point and shoot".  I didn't find any shots that weren't done better, and already submitted, by others.  The only two photos of interest are included here.

Photo one is of an old Live Oak (estimated at 1400+ years) located out on St. James Island called "The Angle Tree".  Very large majestic as you can see.

Photo two is of Carson Carstensen and (myself) Lou long.  I would have submitted this one earlier, but Carson insisted that we make it available for the cover of "Body Builder Magazine" before we went public with it. 

BTW - I'm the low profile model on the left :D

Attachments

• 100_0593a.jpg
    100_0593a.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_0580a.jpg
    100_0580a.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 44
Lou,
Your pulled pork was a big hit - everybody who has talked to me about the rally mentions it as one of the highlights.  Maybe you ought to change your RVForum handle to "Porky" instead of Onaquest?  ???

Gary, I'll consider the name change even though I'm not sure if you were trying to be complementary or simply striving for accuracy of my physical description. ??? ;) :D

Lou (onaquest) said:
I just downloaded the contents of my "point and shoot".  I didn't find any shots that weren't done better, and already submitted, by others.  The only two photos of interest are included here.

Photo one is of an old Live Oak (estimated at 1400+ years) located out on St. James Island called "The Angle Tree".  Very large majestic as you can see.

Photo two is of Carson Carstensen and (myself) Lou long.  I would have submitted this one earlier, but Carson insisted that we make it available for the cover of "Body Builder Magazine" before we went public with it. 

BTW - I'm the low profile model on the left :D

Nice photo of the tree, but I don't see the second photo of you and Carson.

Just another unusual photo. This is from one of our excursions while attending the Rally.

We visited the Magnolia Plantation.  A boat trip was available for a swamp tour. It starts out where this picture was taken.  We did not take the tour, thought it may be better to walk on water ;D  Didn't work.

Totally algae covered, not even a ripple. The Egret did not seem to mind.
carson FL

Attachments

• Green Lake SC.jpg
    Green Lake SC.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom