Radio Power Diagram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StephenG

Attached is an Excel spreadsheet that provides a diagram of the Radio Power source for our 2004 Winnebago Journey.  Sometimes a diagram speaks a thousand words.  SteveG

Attachments

• Radio power shut off.xls
    28.5 KB · Views: 48
Steve - does the clock on the radio get reset?  We aren't wired exactly like that - our dash radio has a "House" or "Engine" switch, but the radio never loses complete power unless the chassis batteries are disconnected.

John, I asked W the same question and they said yes all power can be removed from the radio including the memory power.  Their response confirmed my own experience and my own tests and yes the correct time setting and station presets are lost.  I think it's a clever and helpful circuit design. 

Our 2004 Operating Manual does not speak to this issue (page 2-20).  But if you search the various forums on paresetic discharge you will find that they also recommened  turning off the house battereis and setting the radio switch to aux. 

Yes, I realize that the starting battery paresetic discharge can not be eliminated, only reducted to a minuimum.  In that effort I just wanted to make sure the radio was not contributing to the problem.  I realize that some will disconnect their chassis batteries to prevent them from being discharged.  But I am concerned about a long term disconnect affecting the CAT engine's internal lithium battery.  Since I am fornuate enough to have power available I can recharge as required. 

Meanwhile, I thought I would share the diagram to assist others who have a similiar setup with their radio power management.  SteveG

Steve - thanks for the documentation which should be useful for Journey owners.  Our Horizon came with a chassis battery disconnect switch (a marine battery switch) but not a charger to keep the chassis batteries charged (since rectified with the addition of a Xantrex Echo~Charge.)

Storing RVs with no electric power available has to be a challenge and something we have never dealt with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom