Extend-a-stay in an Allegro Bay need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ab1324

I have a 1998 37' Allegro Bay Pusher that I am temporarily living in while I am relocating from Florida to Washington DC.  I have researched the Marshall Brass Extend-a-Stay deluxe and believe that is my best option to supply propane this winter instead of breaking down everytime to go fill up the fixed tank.  The link below shows the a picture of the tank for this particular MH.  I think I will have problems sliding the regulator far enough to install up the extend-a-stay due to the "T" fitting going to the generator in the front of the MH and all the lines being steel.  Has anyone installed one on these MH's?

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/abrown3912/IMG_0488.jpg

Can you put a Tee at the top of the vertical pipe that is just to the right of the tank valve?

What does the hose that goes off to the left feed?

You can close the valve to the tank to keep from using any gas from the tank.

Take the rubber line off the generator supply and put it right there.  Make sure you tighten the Extend A Stay in the correct orientation so you can easily connect the supply hose from the external tank,

Here is a pic of my 40 gal tank with two Extend A Stays installed.  I have a vapor feed x2  --  for the onboard and the genset.

Remember also pipe dope on the fittings; not teflon tape.

Attachments

• bus 005.jpg
    bus 005.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom