Covering a PopUp During the Winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FEman

My question is, should I purchase an ADCO, or other cover, and use it to cover a Pop Up during the winter months?  The Pop Up is located in NC, and will be on a shaded, concrete pad.  Will there be an issue with trapped moisture inside the Pop Up due to possible lack of air circulation?  Any other concerns I should be worried about?

I am not too worried about any rubbing or chaffing on the exterior of the Pop Up.

I had a 1984 Coleman popup until I gave it to my daughter and son in law in 2006. After 22 years of being covered in Chicago winters, the pop up was still in great condidtion. No moisture accumulation and the outside had not lost it's color. Even the canvas is holding up well.
I'd say cover it.

Bob

I own a 1994 Coleman that I purchased brand new. I have covered it probably 10 of the 15 years in the winter. The interior is immaculant when opened. The exterior doesn't look that great, especially the roof. Though it is not actually leaking into the interior, the seems on top are not holding up 100%. I can see where water is coming through to the ceiling in one corner. I'm not overly concerned because I plan on getting rid of it in the Spring or summer of 2010 and move up to a TT.

I would recommend you cover it to get your maximum long term use out of it. In addition, if you have an attached outside awning, it will save wear and tear on that also.

Thank you for the input.  The unit belongs to my daughter and now I have a great Christmas gift idea for her.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom