Fleetwood of Oregon - anyone know of it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokyp

I recently bought a '99 truck camper made by Fleetwood of Oregon.  They are out of business..?  Anyone familiar with their Tracker truck camper?  Its quite nice... but I'd love to find a manual!  Have tried ebay, etc. ??? Smoky P

Yes, I have one. Fleetwood stopped making TC around 2003. They have a pretty bad rep.; however if you take care of it it will last. I have a Elkhorn 9T, and I also have a manual. If this is the same model as yours I could scan it and e-mail it to you.

Fleetwood's trailer factory in Oregon made some camper units that were marketed under the Tracker brand name by Bass Pro Shops. BassPro dropped the line of campers after a couple years and now Fleetwood of Oregon is gone too, a victim of the Fleetwood bankruptcy.  I believe another company bought the Oregon factory, but they manufacture their own line of RVs there.

Nothing wrong with the TC, though.

RV Roamer said:
I believe another company bought the Oregon factory, but they manufacture their own line of RVs there.
At one time, there were at least two Fleetwood manufacturing plants in Oregon...one in Pendleton and one in La Grande (we used to have a Fleetwood Caribou truck camper that was made in Pendleton).

I don't know what happened to the plant in Pendleton, but the one in La Grande was bought by the same people who own Northwood Manufacturing (Arctic Fox, Nash, Desert Fox) and now are making several brands of travel trailers.  The name of this new company is Outdoors RV Manufacturing.

Keystone is still running in Pendleton and hired a lot of the ex-Fleetwood staff when the Fleetwood plant in town closed down. (I live about 19 miles away from Pendleton).

A neighbor a few blocks away has one of the offroad-style Fleetwood popup tent trailers and has "Own Fleetwood - Own Junk" on the side. I don't assume that was meant as a compliment.

Back
Top Bottom