Aux Heater '92 Minnie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joel Goodman

We have the aux. heater that sits under the kitchen sink of our 1992 Minnie Winnie "C".  To this Aux heater the water running from the front radiator also heats the hot water tank...Well we've been traveling through the southern states and now into Mexico and this "additional" heater that is CONTINUOUSLY running is about ready to cook us out!!!  The book says that this radiator is also used as a second cooling radiator so that when going over mountains the engine will not over heat...  Is this true, or can I block off the flow of water to the Aux heater and do with out the secondary water heater as well???  Thanks

Joel and Louise
www.goodmansjourney.com

Well, I think the only control you have is if the blower motor is ON or OFF.  So even though the fan is off heat is circulating in that compartment and it does get hot in there and will spill out.

I would put a $6 ball valve in line with the coolant hose and just shut it down the flow during the hot months and open it back up in fall.  You won't get the motor aid heat in your hot water tank, but that's no big deal.  That'd be easy to do.

Good luck,
Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom