1st RV, 94 Vectra, Need wiring diagram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seaside

Hello, just got our 1st RV, !994 Winnebago Vectra, ford chassis, super duty.
Had issues from the minute we left the lot. First someone really made a mess of the wiring and we have been unable to find a diagram for the 94. It is not on the Winnebago site. We were unable to get the lights to work correctly on our tow vehicle on the way home, and some other wiring issues as well.

I posted on the newbe forum the problem we experienced as we were backing up our driveway, we live in the NC mountains and have a grade of about 10 to 15% . As we were backing up there was a small fire, fluid leaking on crossover ( exhaust pipe ) grabbed the extinguisher and quickly put it out, no damage form fire but we could not leave it in the middle of the driveway so continued to back it up. As we did transmission fluid literally gushed form the bell housing.

I called a large RV Dealer/ service center with full service garage and the mechanic told me that it was not an unusual occurrence for this model. He told us to park it level, let it cool and refill the transmission. He said it may very well happen again when backing up steep grades. My Husband did check the transmission fluid and it did not reg. on the stick.

Has anyone had this happen?

If anyone knows where to find a wiring diagram for the 94 vectra  it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Never heard of that problem before  :eek:.  I would give Ford a call (link to Ford in the resources sticky) and run it by them.  Doesn't sound right.

Winnebago most likely has your wiring diagram, but not in electronic form.  Give owner relations a call Monday and ask them.

Seaside, you asked the same questions in your introductory post.  You should continue to monitor that thread for responses.

I suspect that your problems with the towed vehicle lighting is due to either the requirement for, or the addition of, an adapter to accommodate a "toad" with amber turn signals.  Owner modifications of used RVs can be extremely hard to unravel and understand if not well documented.  Good luck.

Thanks again,

We did have necessary connectors etc. Luckily my Husband is an Electro/Mechanical and PLC trouble shooter for a swiss co. Basically he is sent all over the US and Canada  installing box cutting, foil stamping, die cutting and other machines and repairing them when other  people can't. He also makes on site modifications when the engineers were ..... lacking in foresight?  Many times it involves "modifications" the companies have made to the machines or totally rewiring machines that have been pulled out of plants that have closed, always  sad, usually they are removed with no concern for the condition of the machine when they are done. These machines are often the size of a Vectra, but a wiring diagram is always a time saver.

It is hard to rewire anything at night in a Walmart parking lot. While he was trying, I went inside and bought bedding and toothbrushes, that was our first night in the Coach. 

Between the wiring, the new tires, and the fact that he had never driven anything that big and towing our jeep to boot, a four our trip turned into 24, but we got our first little state magnets, one for SC and one for NC,  ;)

Back
Top Bottom