2005 Journey Block Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

snowwing

We recently updated from our 2000 Journey to a 2005 36G with the Cat C7. Our old block heater was plugged in at the electrical service bay. I can't see where this one is plugged in. When my engine heater switch is turned on there is no amp draw. I know I could crawl under and trace the wire but we are on our "Shakedown Cruise" for the weekend in a very wet RV park! By the way we love the "new to us" ride. Thanks for any insight.
Ron

Chris, Thank You for your response. Yes according to the wiring diagram and my manual it should be obvious. However it is not. I may have to remove some panels in that compartment. It is pretty crowded in there! It is absolutely pouring here so I'll have to look later if it dries up.
Ron

Ron - yours is probably the same as mine. In the top of the electrical compartment there is a "box". The water pump switch and outside light switch are mounted on the front of the box. The block heater outlet is mounted on the part of the box that faces the rear of the MH. So, you're looking at the edge of the outlet. The plate itself faces the rear of the MH and is rather hard to see the first time. A flashlight helps. The cord for the block heater is probably coiled up and tucked down behind the top of the panel at the aft end of the compartment. Lots of folks have trouble finding that hidden outlet the first time.

You're gonna love the 36G! Very well laid out and workable floorplan. Also just about perfectly balanced side to side. We've had ours for 5 years now and had the usual little problems, but wouldn't trade it for anything (a least not anything I can afford  :)).

Far rear left bay, right side, top, all the way back, bring flashlight. They come unplugged from the factory.

Things are looking up. Stopped raining and I can see some blue sky. All of your descriptions are accurate. Found the wire balled up inside the panel as described but I had to remove the sheet metal as the plug was caught on some of the wiring. also Winnie had pinched the wire on the support so I had to repair the wire. Plugged in and it is now operational. Thank You all. One project down.
Ron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom