Cant find water tank fill (gravity fill) winni 34y

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mookie6

The manual says it is on the passenger side in the back. We have a bedroom slide there. I want to fill my fresh water tank. Do you fill via the city water inlet? If so, how do I leave the water tank fill cap open to relieve pressure if there is none? I also want to disinfect the tank. Thanks

bb

My fresh water tank fill thru 'CityWater' inlet ~ There is a lever to change functions.  I sanitize by putting bleach in fill hose. (1) Hook up one end of fill hose -let extra water drain out.(2)  slowly pour/dribble bleach into hose - hold it fairly high (3) keep bleach 'trapped' behind high spot (4) Quickly attach other end of hose. (5) Turn on water.  Kinda awkward but it works.

Maybe someone has a better solution. It has worked for me for 3 years. Good Luck

It won't be as far back as the bedroom - the water tank is likely closer to midships and near where your city water hook up. More likely to be on the driver side too, though I've heard of a few on the passenger side. Even owned one like that several years ago.

Some rigs don't have a gravity fill and use the city water inlet exclusively. Don't worry - there will be a separate vent opening somewhere - you should not have to remove the gravity fill cap to fill via the city inlet. Just find the lever that changes from city in to tank fill and wait for it to fill.

Hopefully another Winnie owner will know exactly where yours is. What year and model Winnie is it? That's important info to know when you ask a tech question about your rig.

Thanks rvroamer,

99 winni chieftain 34y. Slide is in the back bedroom

Mine is right where yours is described to be, passenger side near the rear wheelwell.  It opposed the fuel fill on the other side, both doors use the same key.  Awhile ago someone with a very similar rig to mine (just the diesel version) asked this question, having fits trying to find their fresh water fill.  It ended up being INSIDE the engine compartment!  Accessed only from the front by opening the "hood".  ;)  Just goes to show you no two rigs are alike in many cases, open up every compartment before you give up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom