buffalo to flordia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevin14301

I am planning a trip from buffalo NY to Disney world in late January. I normally travel inter state 79 out of Erie but this year I?m planning on going down inter state 77 out of Cleveland.  I am wondering if anyone has traveled the route and if it a little flatter, road condition, gas station and thing like that.

Overall I'd say I77 is a bit more hilly, because of the stretch down the West Virginia Turnpike. That stretch doesn't have much in the way of services either.  I assume when you took I79, you took I68 to to I81 and avoided the WVA turnpike altogether.

If your question is only about I77 vs I79 themselves and not the rest of the route, then I77 is flatter.

We've traveled both in our 40 foot coach and find either one to be easy enough, though.

Normally I take I 79 to 19 to 64-77 I not concerned with the tolls. I just get horrible gas mileage on the hills just looking for flatter.

We go from Erie to the Tampa area so it's pretty much the same trip you are considering.  In fact we just did it two weeks ago.

We've tried all the options and I-79, Rt 19, I-77, etc is what we keep coming back to.  The other routes are enough longer that any advantages are eaten up by the miles.  The first 20 miles out of Beckley, WV, on I-77 are terrible.  I would do almost anything to avoid that stretch.  I tried slowing down and speeding up and about shook my rig apart.  Just terrible and they just raised the tolls on top of it.

If you are just going to go to Cleveland to get I-77, you are adding miles and traffic since they come together in Beckley.  The section coming through Charleston, on I-77, is pretty curvy and slow.  And loads of traffic.  Worth avoiding.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom