EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Backup camera gone out  (Read 3350 times)

Pres

Backup camera gone out
« on: March 11, 2005, 01:24:10 AM »
My backup camera, a panasonic GV-RV111, has a bad imaging chip which panasonic no longer makes.  I am replacing it with a panasonic GP-RV201AFL.  I need a mounting bracket for the GP-RV201AFL, or, a replacment for the old GV-RV111. The tech service I am using is TechCenter in Bloomington MN and they cannot help me with the bracket. They do have the newer camera. All connections and continuity for the cable are ok.  Can anyone direct me to a website that might have one or the other.  All input is appreciated.
Thanks,  Pres

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
Re: Backup camera gone out
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 08:23:56 AM »
A search of google brought up the following link that may help. http://www.todaysrvsales.com/sale-rv_camera.html.  Hope that helps.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 09:27:40 AM »
Could you just bend a piece of flat aluminum bar to make a mount?  Most of them are basically just a "U" with some holes drilled in appropriate spots.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Pres

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 10:42:10 PM »
Hi Ron & Gary.  I will try the website you suggested Ron.  I appreciate you running a search.

Bending a piece of metal may be my other or only option Gary.  I had thought about cutting the center out of the bracket for my old camera and then getting a friend to weld or silver soldier the two end pieces back together.  I also thought about purchasing a new unit off ebay but I don't know if the new monitor would fit my dash.
I do appreciate you taking a minute to think it over. 

I'll try to keep you both posted on whatever solution I try.

Pres

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 10:45:14 PM »
Please let us know how you make out and feel free to ask questions should they arise.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Hosted by Over The Network