Towing a Ford Escape with a Winnebago Minnie Winnie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lareaherron

Help - I've never towed a car behind my 30 ft Class C Winnebago.  Does anyone know what method you would use (tow bar or dolly) for a 2007 Ford Escape.  I would like to go on the road for a couple of months and would like to tow my SUV -

Thanks. LaRea

LeRea, unless the Explorer is a hybrid, you will need to use a dolly.  Search previous strings as to which might be best suited for you. 

Check Remco. Looks like it's towable if it's a manual transmission but needs to be dollied or trailered if it's an automatic.

Wendy

lareaherron said:
Thanks guys  - it looks like with the 2007 Escape (non-hybrid) 4wd has to be trailered.  That's too bad, as I would imagine they are very expensive.

Not to mention that it would be a lot of weight, maybe more than your Winnie can handle. We tow a VW beetle because it weights practically nothing.

Wendy

I've gone on along trips (6,000 miles) without towing a vehicle, but as you know with a motor home you can't hook up and go, so I have always rented a vehicle in the bigger cities on my trips, but I was kind of hoping not to do that anymore - oh well, - have to see what I do from here -

LaRea

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom