Have 27' class c right rear slants could I have floor sill damage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

460corsair

Bought an older rv 1985 ford corsair .I have been doing my own repairs sealed roof only leak I had was in bathroom  around vent cleaned old vent found stress cracks . replaced with new one put my prev vent fan into the regular one saved 100.00 there also put new wood where old was wet. I have another problem I was wondering if some one could help me at a starting point . the MH slants to the right on the body at the rear I an suspecting  rot in my sills back there but there is a layer of tin on the bottom and the plywood in the bedroom and walls show no damage  where do I start my search as I see some people go thru the  side panels (mine is aluminum) or saw out the floor. If I knew how it is constructed IE>. side to side or front to rear it would be appreciated. The weather here is getting cooler up here in Canada so i May not get at it till spring if it is a big project . The rest of the MH is in excellent condition Body and mechanical P.S. I checked my bumper and reese hitch they are both paralell to the ground I first thought my bumper was bent up but not that luckey . The MH slants approx 2 inches lower on that side, i like to have everything as it should be cant even stand a clearance light buld out , have to stop and have it fixed . I am new to MH's but have owned several TT's Any help would be appreciated Thanks RD

Could be some problem with the body but before I would tear into that I would recommend you have the suspension checked to see if that is your problem.  After all it is an older rig.

Yes I have looked into the chassis, But as I stated the Bumper & reese hitch are parallell to the ground, But the body is down on that side.  Everything from the bottom seems ok ,I can just see a sheet of tin or metal of some type no holes Maybe I can cut it handy the frame pull it down and see how it is constructed up in there below the bedroom floor. PS the bumper on a level surface is 18' ON EACH SIDE the body is 18"onthe left and 16 1/4" on the right both frame extentions from the ford body are straight something is letting it down on that side. I am wondering if the possible wood frame runs side to side ???

Don't know about your 1985, but typical RV construction has metal cross pieces attached to the chassis and supporting a plywood or similar subfloor.I would be surprised to find anything like a wood floor joist.

I was looking at a trailor floor and it had aluminum cross pieces ,which were completely destroyed .the owner built a metal framework below to carry the new joists he installed might be a fix for me . he built the floor on top of the welded in supports just under the tin protection on the bottom looked very supportive , the only thing i cannot figure out is how he tied this into the side walls, looks like all repairs were done from inside,  after the framework was welded up . This could be a way for me to go as I have 2 sons who are professional welders and I have a mig welder in my shop for the race car repairs. 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom