Changing the bathroom faucet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruthandken CDN

We have a 2 handle bathroom sink faucet and I would like to change it to a 1 handle Moen.  Can I just buy a regular Moen faucet and put that in?  Or does it have to be a special RV type faucet?

Ruth

Standard ought to fit, faucets are pretty much all standard.  Some may or may not have the cnter hole.  Bathrooms are usually 4" offset.  The thing that can be different is the reach of the spout.  RV faucets tend to be smaller, and the spout of household may extend further than you want.  Not huge, but different.

I replaced my corroded gold ugly looking bathroom sink and shower faucet with standard household faucets. The only thing I could think to consider is the water connector size on your rig. Mine is the house standard size.

Fred G. said:
I replaced my corroded gold ugly looking bathroom sink and shower faucet with standard household faucets. The only thing I could think to consider is the water connector size on your rig. Mine is the house standard size.

I replaced mine too. Got my sink faucet from Ace Hardware. Very easy to replace IF nothing is in the way (a big "if") I think standard sizes are very standard in RV's.

-Don- SF, CA​

Look under the sink or loosen the old faucet to be sure of your hole arrangement then you can shop at any Home improvement store. I replaced my shower and lav faucets with Delta. Soooo much better. My old gold was looking so old and dated and the shower was very difficult to adjust. I also now have a lav faucet with a longer spout.

ruthandken CDN said:
We have a 2 handle bathroom sink faucet and I would like to change it to a 1 handle Moen.  Can I just buy a regular Moen faucet and put that in?  Or does it have to be a special RV type faucet?

Ruth

Short answer: YES.. long answer: YES you can.

Though I prefer the 2-knob to the single handle design.. I needed to swap out my half-bath faucet.. I did wind up with one designed for "RV" use,  but that was because it was a good 15 bucks cheaper than basically the same fauet for "home" use... Believe it or not.

(Of course it's all plastic, not brass covered with plastic so that's the price diff)

But the replacement went same as a house.. And I've done house a few times.

Some parts of the country require low flow fixtures for houses.  If you're in a low-flow area, you'll probably have to locate and remove the faucet's flow restrictor to get adequate flow from the lower pressure RV water pump.

Back
Top Bottom