What's happening on Thanksgiving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jerryarlyne said:
Well, I get to have my turkey through a tube I guess. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow and will spend Thanksgiving day and the next few in the hospital. But once I get out..... LOOK OUT!!! I'm going to make up for it. :eek: 

Eat well enough to leave a footprint in dry cement when you get out.

Hope all goes well for you.

Joe

Betty - I can't believe I'm giving You a recipe.  You've been so generous in sharing your recipes with me over the years.  I've ruined more crescent rolls trying to make that gorgeous wreath you made one Christmas.  :D

1# fresh cranberries, 2 1/2 cups water, 2 3-0z. packages Cherry Jello, 2 cups sugar, 1 package mini marshmallows, 1 cup diced apples (I use Fuji), 1 cup diced celery, 1 cup chopped walnuts.

Cook berries in water until they pop.  Add jello and sugar.  Add mini marshmallows and cook and stir for 5 more minutes.  Remove from heat and add celery, apples and nuts.  Pour into serving mold.  (A 9x13 pan works well for potlucks as does a 2 quart round Pyrex dish.)  Do NOT double the recipe.  :eek:

Margi

We're doing lunch with my parents and dinner with the youngest kid and his family.  We will hopefully camp Friday and Saturday nights, too!

jerryarlyne said:
Well, I get to have my turkey through a tube I guess. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow and will spend Thanksgiving day and the next few in the hospital. But once I get out..... LOOK OUT!!! I'm going to make up for it. :eek: 

Good luck, my friend!!!  :)  Am sure looking forward to seeing you when I get to AZ after Christmas . . .

To Bob and all the rest of the framily, Thank you all very much. We will try to let you all know how it went in a day or so.  Hopefully we will be able to get to Yuma some time in January and REALLY start to recooperate  :D

Hi Jerry,

Sorry to hear surgery is scheduled at this time but Pat & I wish you the best. We expect a full report after it is over of your delayed Thanksgiving celebration! I'm sure we will have you in our thoughts when we visit with Gary & Nancy and Dale & Karen.

Bruce,

We'll try to keep the gas emissions heading west. Hard this time of year! ;D ;D Sometime we need to get together. We are in Daytona frequently on the bike. Perhaps lunch???

RV Roamer said:
We are having Turkey Day at home this year, with a big bird and all the traditional trimmings.

Tom & I are going to his brother's home in Tracy, Ca and have duck, along with the rest of his rather large family (nobody is left on my side of the family, other than me).  

Chinese usually don't care for turkey, but still wanna celebrate every American holiday while here in the USA.

Duck is fine with me.

I don't mind turkey, but I hate all the junk that often comes with it, such as the dressing, cranberry, yams  and sweet potatoes.

-Don- SF, CA​

I don't mind turkey, but I hate all the junk that often comes with it, such as the dressing, cranberry, yams  and sweet potatoes.

Oh No!  I can't imagine turkey without all that extra stuff - er, junk.  I LOVE dressing and always make way too much so it'll last me a while.  It's really good with cranberry sauce.  Yummmm!  :D

ArdraF

You guys cut that out, we have to work tomorrow mumble mumble

I hate yams and sweet potatoes, Cranberry sauce is a maybe.

Tom said:
I hate yams and sweet potatoes, Cranberry sauce is a maybe.

The problem here is that Tom (my Tom) loves sweet potatoes but the smell of them cooking makes me wanna puke. If he's cooking them, I have to leave the house if I don't wanna puke.

IOW, he knows of an easy way to kick me out of the house. ;D

BTW, I am not a picky eater, it just that almost every type of food I don't like usually comes with a Thanksgiving turkey dinner. But turkey I like. I cannot even tell the difference between dark and white meat. Same with Chicken. Turkey is turkey and chicken is chicken, I have no preference between white and dark meat and don't even notice any difference. Tom will only eat dark meat and cannot tolerate any white meat or any meat of any type that he finds to be dry.

But with duck, the entire family likes it as well as all the stuff that's served with it.

So we will all have a happy Duck Day tomorrow instead of an unhappy Turkey Day. 

-Don- SSF, CA​

We had 13 for dinner today. Two of our sons and family's were here and the oldest son's wife and children.
He is in Africa, but he called. One of my cousins and her son and grandson, and a good friend of the family.
We all eat ourselves into a stupor. Tonight all the young people have gone to the movies and we are home
with our 10 month old granddaughter and enjoying the peace and quiet. Tomorrow we put up the
Christmas tree and on Saturday we will celebrate Christmas. Some will be leaving on Saturday afternoon
and the rest on Sunday morning. If they get gone by noon they we will get on the road for Texas. If not
then we will leave Monday morning.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays to all

Dave & Jeanette

We're parked along the curb in front of Mike's brother's house in Riverside CA. Just finished a wonderful dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, creamed corn and rolls. No stuffing as only one person attending likes it. Only 6 of us but we managed to make a pretty good dent in all the food. Watching the Broncos-Giants game, hoping for a good showing by my Broncos. But if they lose all the rest of their games this season, we're still thankful to be lucky enough to travel around in our motorhome. AND we're thankful that it was only our little VW that was killed in the recent wreck.

Wendy

Nice dinner with family.  2 turkeys, 1 ham and countless dishes to go along.  My cuz always does it up big.  About 20 of us I think.  I am the gravy guru.  Jolene brougt her yam casserole.  Very nice day.  Long drive, but easy drive.  95 miles mainly on rt 4. 

End of day, I got my dobro, and Art grabbed bass, Ernie his gretch and we jammed, sme blues, bluegrass and some rock.  Good fun.

Howdy, Framily.
Jack and I enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner here at the Lone Star Corral SKP Co-op in D'hanis, TX. The park supplied the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, butter, cranberry sauce, coffee and iced tea. Side dishes, appetizers and desserts were supplied by the rest of the attendees. Cost was $3.00 per person and there was enough food to have seconds!!  Good food and good company.

Regards,
Liz

Jim & Pat Dick & Dale & Karen Henderson joined us for Thanksgiving and our daughter Sheri was there as well. Some photos...

Attachments

• Karen + Dale Henderson.JPG
    Karen + Dale Henderson.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Nancy + Sheri .JPG
    Nancy + Sheri .JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Karen+Dale+Sheri+Nancy+Pat+Jim dig into turkey.JPG
    Karen+Dale+Sheri+Nancy+Pat+Jim dig into turkey.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 42
Thanksgiving Day morning Chris and I drove to one of the beaches on the Point Reyes National Seashore. We walked the beach, and I tried unsuccessfully to snap pictures of the sandpipers scurrying around. We then headed to the Point Reyes lighthouse and made the short (half mile) hike up the hill. Also stopped at a local oyster farm and bought some of their produce.

Got back to the coach around 2.00pm, and it was time to put the turkey on the rotisserie. The kids and grandkids turned up soon thereafter. Plenty of good eatings, being truly thankful, and thinking of others less fortunate and of the folks who protect our freedom.

Friends and their kids left home much later, had two flats on their fifthwheel along the way, and arrived quite late.

There are several other local beaches and trails to explore, allowing the little ones to burn off some energy the next few days.

Can we have your share of the sweet potatoes and cranberry?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom