Northstar vs Palomino vs Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulkcbulm

I am new to truck camping and evaluating which truck popup camper to buy. I am a step further now and currently looking at Northstar TC650, Palomino Branco 800 and a comparable make from phoenix by coyote RV.
What is the experience with those models regarding quality and resale value?

Thank you

Paul

One of the guys in our elk camp has a Palamino. He mainly uses it for hunting 3-4 times a year, plus the odd caming trip. Quality/fit/finish seem really good, can't speak for resale, but I don't see him selling it anytime soon.

Thank you for your answer ???.
It was recommended to compare the prices with NADA.
So I went there and found that the average sales price is about 30 to 50% lower than what I found offered on the market. The market prices are about the same as the list prices for not used ones depreciated over the years.
Why is there this difference? Are the NADA prices real or are the dealer prices so much to be negotiated down?

Paul

I can see why you might be a bit confused by that 'answer' ;) Should have expanded on that. The palomino is, in my opinion, a nice, good quality unit. The owner is the kind of person who won't own anything that doesn't perform, good bang for the buck, etc. so by him keeping it for so long (for him) speaks a lot for Palomino. I just realized your looking for a pop-up style. His is a hard top w/ slide out.
I've used NADA myself to compare prices when shopping for cars/trucks/bikes and found it helpful. Your right about dealer prices being overblown for negotiation room. Something else I find useful is see what they're going for on ebay. Find the ones that have what your looking for, click on 'watch this item', then see what the ending price is.
Do you plan on using your pop-up in the winter? They aren't the best in the winter, energy efficiency wise. Just my opinion, and we all know about those :)
Hope this was as clear as mud like my last post.
Good luck.

Out of the 3, Northstar is the best built, best customer service. How do I know? I used to be president of an RV organization & received a lot of feedback form owners, good & bad. Northstar was close to the top of the list.

Beddows is right.  Northstar among the three would be my choice.  I don't know anything about Coyote, and what I know of Palomino is less than top quality.  When we were looking (long while ago), I noticed the floors in their units springy.  Seeing them after years of use, I would say that they didn't hold up as well.

:)  :D ;D Thank you for your recommendations, yes I have bought in the meantime a used Northstar 850SC and it looks really good. I will go for my first longer trip in about a month to have the real experience.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom