Thanksgiving in a campground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
IIRC this is our first Thanksgiving in the coach. We arrived today at Olema Ranch RV Resort, at Point Reyes National Seashore, on the Pacific coast between San Francisco and Bodega Bay. The kids & grandkids and friends arrive tomorrow in their fifthweels. Just 95 miles from home, but a 3-hour drive, thanks to the last 30 miles being very slow, narrow, 2-lane roads with lots of turns and grades.

We're surprised how many families are here, and they keep arriving.

50A electricity and water hookups. Dump is a $15 honey wagon.

We have good signal strength with the VZW air card, and I also see a decent signal from the park's AT&T WiFi.

We're in the middle of tall trees, but somehow have a line of sight to the DTV satellite. So the driver is happy she can watch her favorite channels.

Hey, Tom.  We all know the only important thing in an RV is the DTV!  ;) Just ask Terry or Jerry or ....

Have a great time with your family.  That's a pretty area.

ArdraF

We have spent many Thanksgivings in campgrounds but almost always the parks had some sort of pot luck or other dinner for the day.  We've never felt alone on a holiday in any campground.  Escapees parks are especially noted for friendly dinners at these times.  Tomorrow we will celebrate Thanksgiving in a private house for the first time in a long time.

[quote author=ArdraF]We all know the only important thing in an RV is the DTV![/quote]

LOL Ardra, that's true for Chris; My priorities are different, but my life is a lot more peaceful if Chris has her DTV  ;D

That's a pretty area.

Can't believe this is our first time in this area. We plan to start touring in the morning.

Years ago, before we bought the motorhome and were still pulling a small TT, we arrived in Death Valley the day before Thanksgiving.  We expected to be one of just a few rigs there.  Not so!  The campground was so full we almost didn't get a site.  We learned that many families make the DV trip their annual Thanksgiving celebration. 

Proves that a Thanksgiving feast is truly "where you park it".  :D

Margi

So true Margi, and I'm so glad we made reservations.

FWIW this RV park doesn't accept credit cards, so our reservation wasn't active until they received my check in the mail.

We are in an RV Resort, the clubhouse will be full today.  Park supplies turkey and ham, each table arranges their own potluck, with iintertable sharing encouraged.  We will be headig to more direct family, my cousin has a home about 80 miles away, so Jolene and I along with my folks will travel there to join him and his extended family.  Probably about 30 to 40 for dinner.  Gets crowded, but very happy and genial. 

DirecTV, satellite television.  Can also mean Digital TeleVision.

Ned said:
 We've never felt alone on a holiday in any campground.  Escapees parks are especially noted for friendly dinners at these times. 
We're at the Escapees park in Benson, AZ.  We'll join a group for dinner at 2:00 this afternoon.  I'm bringing pecan pie and roasted vegetables.  There will be 9 tables, with 24 people per table.  The clubhouse group is trying to find space for more tables and guests.

Jeannine

Spent Thanksgiving in Yosemite ~ Upper Pines CG ~ a couple of years ago hardly anyone there but us and one old coyote. Went to dinner at the Lodge.

We learned that many families make the DV trip their annual Thanksgiving celebration.  

Death Valley is one of our favorite places for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Weirdest place we ever had T-G was Key West. Went to a restaurant that had a buffet with all sorts of wonderful things including turkey, conch chowder, pumpkin pie, and key lime pie. It was wonderful....and warm !

Wendy
Riverside, CA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom