TV not working while going down road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherry3

We have a 2010 Damon Challenger, I understand that the TV will not work if within the drivers view. Shouldnt the bedroom TV play while driving down the road?

Mine does.  Maybe some of our Damon owners can answer for what is standard in the Damon products.

Bedroom TV usually can, but is it a 12v?  If not, do you have genset running?  Trying to get signal over the air or use a dvd?  

What is the situation?  

Thanks for your replies to date,  dummy me but how do i know if tv is a 12 volt?

sherry3 said:
Thanks for your replies to date,  dummy me but how do i know if tv is a 12 volt?

If it works as advertised, turn it on when NOT connected to shore power.  If it comes on, it is 12v.

If you have an inverter, the TV may be powered from that even if not connected to shore or generator power.

Would anyone actually be hanging out in the bedroom watching TV while driving down the road?  Seems a little dangerous unless you have seatbelts back there.

ON my coach the bedroom TV works as well full time.. HOWEVER.  A series of questions and comments.

The Television runs on 120 vac

Do you have an Inverter, or are you running the generator? (If not it won't work)

DO you use Satellite TV? Is the antenna an "in-motion" type?

If you do not have an in-motion sat antenna, it is likely the batwing won't perform well going down the road.

Of course you could watch pre-recorded... I do

We have watched movies in the rear bedroom while underway.  Our rear TV (and DVD) is run by the inverter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom