Metal support panel in exterior wall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divide wee

I am  pulling the dinette and installing a fold down table in its place in my 2007, 29R, Sightseer. I emailed Winnebago for framing info and have not heard from them yet and would like to work on the project this weekend. I used a magnet to try to find the framing members in the wall under the window at the dinette area. It appeared that there is a large mounting plate located about 1 1/2 - 2 inches under the window and running down the wall about 10 inches. This covers the entire area that the original table mounting plates were located on the surface of the wall. Has anyone ever had this verified by Winnebago or visual inspection when repairing this section of wall?

Any info you have on the construction of these models would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

As a general answer I can say that I have seen them installing metal plates in the walls for attachment of cabinets and other things like the fold up table behind the passenger side captains chair.

I called customer service and they emailed me PDF files containing the engineering drawings of the side walls. The placement of the metal plates is shown in them. I think some plates are aluminum and some are steel, but the drawings don't specify the material.

You might want to call them if you want the drawings quickly. You need to have either your Winnebago unit ID or VIN handy if you call.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom