Is Huckabys career over? Will he only be remembered for this?:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trailer Park Casanova

"As governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee had a hand pardoning or commuting many more prisoners than his three immediate predecessors combined.

Maurice Clemmons, the suspect in Sunday's slaying of four Seattle-area police officers, was among them."
-Reuters

Gov. Huckabee commuted the entence from 106 years to 47 years, the parole board released the guy, and the prosecutor and judge recommended it to the gov.  Nobody can see the future.  All evidence at the time indicated it would be OK. 

Very unfortunate that the parolee finished his life the way he did. 

Will this come up in future campaigns?  I am sure it will.  If it ends his career I would be sorry, he really seems to be a sane man. 

3 times more than predecessors?  We are talking Arkansas, I woould not be surprised to hear their punishments may have been harsher than the fit.  So, when someone with a fair mind is given the option to adjust, he adjusted. 

Then again, the obvious attackers on Gov would likely be coming from the left, and the left saying you didn't punish minorities enough would be a surprise. 

At least he had the guts to come out on O'reilly and explain himself, not like those judges who setup a $15,000 bond for a guy accused of raping a 12 year old girl, then a week later killed four cops. :mad:

PancakeBill said:
Then again, the obvious attackers on Gov would likely be coming from the left, and the left saying you didn't punish minorities enough would be a surprise. 

Bill

Let's not get into a political commentary, after all, it was the right that clobbered Dukakis for pardoning Willie Horton :-X

Please remember our forum rules, one of which is:

"# Political and Religious Ranting
Political and religious rants can lead to some ugly discussions and arguments, even among otherwise polite and friendly people. Over the years, RV Forum members have expressed a desire to avoid these kinds of discussions in our forum, preferring to maintain harmony. So, please post your political and religious views elsewhere, such as one of the many alternative venues that cater to such discussions.
"

Marsha
Forum Staff

not sure if his career is over or not, don't really care, but He was one of the many who let this happen, the guy's out west shouldn't have let him out either. I guess though one could argue, if it wasn't for huck he would still be in jail from the first offense too. either way they all screwed up on this one. Although I guess you could say that huck let someone else go too didn't he? and didn't he end up raping, and killing someone else? just a thought here, lets not let anyone make pardon's as they leave office, agreed?

The pardon business is usually corrupt and self serving.Should be eliminated.

See, this is how rants start.  

Clinton was certainly not one of my top 100 presidents, (he was close tho), but pardons and clemencies  are part of a standard policy.  All within guidelines.  The ones given on the way out are usually a little more 'suspect' than the annual list.  As the Governor stated, more than 1000 are requested per year and only about 8% are granted.  

A lot will be made of this.  The real question is not what happened then, but the 2 judges letting him get out.  That is the real question.  

but if he doesn't pardon him the 2judges  have nothing to do with it period. They should stop all out going pardons period. It's bad enough when they let out rich crooks, but when they started letting out rapist/murders that's going way to far, huck and all the judges, should have to go to the victoms homes and see what they let happen.

I'm not either a dem or rep. I think they all outta be shot on sight, but they tell me that's just wrong ;D

If you are going to take a position, get your facts straight......

He was NOT pardoned!  His sentence was commuted from 106 years to 47 years on petition from prosecutors, prison officials, police force personnel and Parole board officials.  THAT made him parole eligible and the BOARD freed him.

No rant here......

sorry that I used the wrong words pardon commuted, if he would not have commuted his sentence he would not have up for parole, so once again he should have left it alone. What about his case would make anyone say, ah he was just young, and he's changed lets lighten the sentence? not to mention this is the second one that has repeaded his prior crimes. Leave them in Jail.

I think you need to dig alittle deeper into the petition from prosecutors too, that seems to be a one sided view..mainly hucks. but hey what difference will it make in the grand scheme of things, he said he is sorry, and if he say's it all must be forgiven right, I mean come on he's huck right?

Sorry that I only have uninformed rash statements with which to counter your impeccably logical assessment of the situation. 

I'm back in my box

I never said they were not rash and informed statements. Just that there are 3sides to every story their side, the other side, and the truth. I believe that many were ar fault, but I do believe it got snowballed by huck. The part about it doesn't matter because he said he was sorry, is in response to so many people acting like huck is  superstar, even got his own show on Fox,(which doesn't mean much..its fox) Kinda like when opra say's something and everyone is Ok with whatever it is because it's opra.

I wasn't tryin to bash you, I just think if you dig deeper that you'll find more to the story than meets the eye.

In the big scheme of things, it is horrible that anyone could do what this man did(clemmons), what is worse is that so many people let this happen. what happened to  our justice system? I mean if you kill someone, in cold blood,rape someone, why put them in prison, take them out back and shoot them. How many convicts get out and repeat the same crime? I'm a firm believer in eye for a eye kinda justice, if and only if it is proven to the courts.

sorry now I will get back in my box. have a great night everyone. kevin

Seems like we're getting a bit too "political" here, so I'm shutting this down before it gets off the rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom