Forum moderation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pedataa136

Tom,with all due respect you shutting down the Huck discussion was a bit disappointing.Let the folks rant.Its healthy and interesting.

Not when it gets personal.  Read the forum terms of service by clicking on the Rules button on the top button bar.

You look like a person who may have bent a rule or term a little once in awhile  ;)

Nothing personal.Figure you for a Vietnam vet or biker.Great admiration for both. :)

Sorry, neither one.  I may have bent a rule at times, but not here.  I prefer to bend my elbow :)

No one knows the additional posts that forced Tom to delete the original.
  To "Monday Morning Quarterback" his decision would be ludicrous.
I learned today, as a new member, the dedication of the Forum's admiistrators and staff.
How many of us constantly monitor the Forum for posts that might offend members??

And to you Ross.....Semper Fi

pedataa136 said:
Nothing personal.Figure you for a Vietnam vet or biker.Great admiration for both. :)

I am both!  Do I look like such? (picture below taken of me <two years ago>  on the Peril River in Guangzhou, China).

I own several motorcycles (own four now). I was a grunt (11B - infantry) in the Central Highlands of Vietnam.

-Don- SSF, CA​

Attachments

• pearlR.JPG
    pearlR.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 78
[quote author=pedataa136]... you shutting down the Huck discussion was a bit disappointing.[/quote]

What's a "Huck" discussion? The only one I closed to posting was the WH Brake recall discussion. As Ned said, it was getting personal, despite a couple of warnings from me. So we really had no choice. But, I also explained in my message that anyone with new information is welcome to start a new topic.

This is not a "gag order".

It was the Huckabee discussion, logical on one side, a personal rant on the other.  (G)  Soon as we figure out who was on which side it will be easy.

Thanks bigskymt, your comments are much appreciated, as were your emails.

Few folks understand or appreciate what the forum staff do behind the scenes, most of which is not visible to forum members. We don't actively sensor, as some folks might think, but we occasionally need to remove inappropriate posts, lock topics from further posting and, in rare cases, ban someone from the forum. The latter is usually a last option, after we've exhausted other routes.

Notwithstanding the above, anyone who spams this forum gets banned immediately, and most of that is done before forum members even see the spam. We're fortunate to have staff members in different time zones, and some who visit here at all hours of the day and night.

Thanks for the edification Bill. I don't understand how a Huckabee discussion relates to a personal issue between a couple of forum members.

-Don- SSF,CA: NO, you look like one of the grunts covering the LRRPS butts near Nui Lach San ("I" Corp).
Of course we were ALL a lot thinner then.

and Thank You

bigskymt said:
-Don- SSF,CA: NO, you look like one of the grunts covering the LRRPS butts near Nui Lach San ("I" Corp).

I was in the 4TH infantry (1969-70) mostly around An Khe and Pleiku. But I was also in the Cambodia incursion during April/May of 1970.

Of course we were ALL a lot thinner then.

Here's what Tom & I (we're a gay couple together since 1974, Tom is the Chinese guy, I am the other guy) looked like in early 1975. And another in 2009 (a few months ago while RV'ing in  Canada, picture taken in Edmonton last September.)

We didn't age much in 35 years, did we? ;D

-Don- SSF, CA​

Attachments

• 1975.JPG
    1975.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 86
  • SasRiverTD09.jpg
    SasRiverTD09.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 89
bigskymt said:
No one knows the additional posts that forced Tom to delete the original.
  To "Monday Morning Quarterback" his decision would be ludicrous.
I learned today, as a new member, the dedication of the Forum's admiistrators and staff.
How many of us constantly monitor the Forum for posts that might offend members??

And to you Ross.....Semper Fi

Semper fi and Arrrooha back at ya.

Been a member about a week and half my posts have been deleted by the mods.
Oh well,,,

Oh well,,,

The more political and controversial subjects are better left to forums such as here or here.

They try hard to keep this place more friendly than what usually comes with political or religious debates and etc.

Gas versus Diesel or Class A versus Class C are about the toughest debates I've seen allowed here.  ;D

I enjoy debates (even if somewhat heated) but I find many other forums to do such.

-Don-​

Trailer Park Casanova said:
Oh well,,,

3 out of 21 is hardly "half" and the ones that were removed were inappropriate for the forum.

Wendy

To -Don- SSF, NO, a GI haircut and GEE, back to the 70's for you both.
The 4th had a BAD reputation especially with Charlie.
And without the Infantry the LRRPS would be a bunch of guys in Camos hiding in the bush and waiting for support.................Thank you again!
  In any event I am really OFF TOPIC and apologize to ALL forum members.

PS: Trailer Park Casanova: you are not the only combat vet here....or USMC. I don't believe the Forum Staff has deleted 1/2 of your posts. They have a responsibility which they take seriously.

I complained about your post and lack of your respect to our Creator. I also tried to send you a PM explaining my position ONLY because you identified yourself as a combat vet. It was declined.

I am not ashamed of my opinion as you implied or ashamed to support the admin/staff of RV Forum actions. 

Terry, Americal Div. ,3/21 Inf.,Recon/LRRPs. and lifetime member M.O.P.H.

bigskymt said:
  In any event I am really OFF TOPIC and apologize to ALL forum members.

Off topic is a non-issue here in the Shade Tree section. Here they allow thread drift.

Thank you again!

For you LRRP guys, anytime! But I should be thanking you. It's been said that every military MOS only has one purpose, to support the infantry (and that was me!).  And that's especially true of the LRRP.  So thanks to you & welcome home!

BTW, I really liked those LRRP meals!  I wish I could get some of those for my backpacking trips! Those were the best freeze dried meals of them all, IMO!

Or was it that they just then tasted so much better compared to the C-rats we were stuck with back then?

But I wouldn't join the LRRP just to get the LRRP meals!

BTW, for those who were never in the military, LRRP stands for "Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol". They go out in a small group of four to the hottest areas to spy on Charlie (enemy troops). Very dangerous. If they are seen, they are as good as dead already.

-Don- SSF, CA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom