Its GREAT down here at Salton Sea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vmax1

Around 70F today, awesome scenery too. I dont ever want to go back to Canada, to bad I can only stay here 6 months. Seen my first Roadrunner today and yes they sure can run, COOL.  Going to explore the area around here for a few days, then off to Quartzite.

Attachments

• salton1.jpg
    salton1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 55
vmax1 said:
Around 70F today, awesome scenery too. I dont ever want to go back to Canada, to bad I can only stay here 6 months. Seen my first Roadrunner today and yes they sure can run, COOL.  Going to explore the area around here for a few days, then off to Quartzite.

You don't wanna be there in six months. It will be HOT.  In six months Canada should be nice and comfy.

BTW, it's raining up here now in South San Francisco.

-Don- ​

Hey vmax, we're across the lake and up the hill at Anza Borrego Desert State Park. If you have a couple of extra days, you should visit this park - it's a lovely place with campgrounds (one with hookups if you want) and boondocking spots galore, lots of places to hike, plenty of drives, a farmer's market in town.

Salton Sea is our next stop, after Christmas.

Wendy
Anza Borrego Desert S.P.

Sounds good! I think we will be going to that Glamis KOA on the east side of lake today, check that RV park out.

Thanks for the great reminder.  Your picture takes us back to trips we made to the Salton Sea area when we spent the winter in Quartzite.  One of our favorite places and camping beside the water is perfect.

Especially nice to be thinking this way as we just made it back to PA for Christmas (from FL) and are in the middle of a forecast 2 feet or so of snow.  The intersate is closed and not from drifting sand.  Enjoy what you have there.  We are in Erie, about 21 miles from Canada and I'm sure it is as bad there.

ok you guy's gotta stop talking about how nice it is there :mad: I'm sitting inside with the heat on, and I'm still freezing!!!!!!!! I hate winter :'( It's only good for 2 things. Killing Flees, and Ticks :D

If you get a chance, go across the highway and hike in to Dos Palmas. They can give you info and a map at the Salton Sea VC. It has historic buildings, oases, fish ponds - very nice spot, good for lunch.

For those who are jealous because it's so nice around here, it was cloudy this morning and while it's clearing up, the temp is only up to 51  ;D

Wendy
Anza Borrego SP

Thanks Wendy.  And the chill factor is probably 49.

Well ok then :-\ I think its in the low 40's here.

I hear Miami calling my name, anyone floatin loans around here? cheap low interest loans that is ;D

vmax1 said:
Around 70F today, awesome scenery too.

Contrast that to what we've got here in West Michigan right now. 10-12" of new snow past two days, blizzard conditions, temps in the low teens, and wind chill temps below zero. Counting days til we head south first of year. Enjoy !

Attachments

• 001 (800x581).jpg
    001 (800x581).jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 47
Wendy,

We had our second day above zero in a week and it was 25?F at the house.  I even started loading the MH and replacing a few things left over from what I did not finish last summer.  Tomorrow may even get above freezing.  If it does, it will be the first time in about a month. Snow is about 10" to 12" with a few drifts.

It is way past time to get out of here.  We are shooting for 12/21!!  Pray for some good weather for travel that week!!!

Jim, Hoping you get a nice "window" of good weather so you can head south. The locals are wearing overcoats but us crazy tourists are running around in t-shirts.

Wendy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom