Motorhome body work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dar

To whom would you trust your motorhome to for body work? I am not sure if I should start out at an RV dealer that does boy work or any body shop. If anyone has experience with a shop in the NE Ohio area I would appreciate your input.

We have a bubble in the paint on the drivers door starting that I want to have taken care of asap. I have done some minor rust work around basement compartment door edges and some hidden panels that came out beautifully but do not trust myself to do visable body work on the exterior.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Normally I would say to look for a body shop with experience in RVs, but your repair sounds like a simple sand and re-paint job. Any decent auto repair shop ought to be able to handle a bubble in the paint. Question is, why did the paint on a 2007 bubble already?

If you need a shop that specializes in RVs and is known for top notch quality, here are two over in Bremen, Indiana:

Precision Painting - Bremen, IN

Mike's Custom Painting in Bremen IN

RV Roamer said:
Question is, why did the paint on a 2007 bubble already?

That was my question as well but I don't have an answer other than getting it fixed. My biggest concern is that it is under the window in the corner by the molding so I presume that molding will have to come off in order to repair it properly. I would have to guess considering how the bubble is shaped and forming that there is rust developing underneath so I want to get to it before it becomes big damage.

Thanks for your suggestions on shops, I will give them a call and if I can't find a more local shop than hopefully waiting for a spring trip to Indiana and having it sit over winter will not make matters much worse.
Thanks again, Dar

Back
Top Bottom