Help-- Where's my converter located? Holiday Rambler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildbill84

I own a 1984 Holiday Rambler, Presidential Model. It is a 5th wheel travel trailer.
I recently started looking for my Converter Box.

I managed to locate to find my Fuse box, and breaker box.
Both of these boxes are under the kitchen sink.

Now i need to find my converter.
Does anyone have any ideas on where it might be?
I've looked just about everywhere.

Does Holiday Rambler have a usual location they put their 12V converters in 5th wheel RV's ?

Thanks for your help.    -Justin

You have the Magnetek 63xx series converter, which integrates the converter with the 12v fuse panel and 120v breaker panel.

May look something like this photo.

Attachments

• Magnetek 63xx.JPG
    Magnetek 63xx.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 53
Hi Gary,
Thanks for the reply.
I went back to the breaker box & 12V fuse panel under the kitchen sink after reading your reply.
The breaker box is a 'Bryant Elec. Co.'
and the fuse panel is model # FB 5-1    'B-W Manufacturing in Kokomo Indiana'
There is no converter anywhere under the sink. I reached behind the 2 boxes and its all wires, no converter.
I even held a mirror to look behind them and its all wires like i felt.
Any suggestions?

Wildbill,

Look behind some of your drawers. When the converter is separate they can place them anywhere. I've found them behind drawers, under the refer, etc.

I had a 1990 Holiday Rambler Alumalite and the inverter was under the Sofa. You might try there.

If all else fails, try tracing wires back from the battery(s). The negative terminal should go direct to the chassis (ground), but the positive terminal wire(s) will go to the converter and the 12v fuse panel. If there are two wires on the positive terminal, one probably goes to the fuse panel and one to the converter. Sometimes there is one to/from the trailer's connector for the tow vehicle as well. 

You can often locate the converter by its humming sound when it is really quiet in the RV. Try listening late at night, with nothing else turned on except a lot of incandescent lights (lights put a nice load on the converter but make no noise).

Me & my dad finally found the converter today.
It was 5 feet from the batteries in the front of the camper.
It was on the underside of the camper right in the middle, inside a trap door,after removing 4 phillips screws, a rectangular shaped metal door dropped down revealing the converter the underside.

Thanks for your help Gary, hleap, & jim

They sure did a good job of hiding that!!  Never heard of one done that way, but nothing surprises me in an RV anymore.

Anyway, glad you were successful and thanks for the feedback. It helps us help others in the future.

Hi Wildbill,

Glad you found it. Never have seen one hidden that well!! Learn something new every day!! ;D

I have a 1984 holiday rambler 5th wheel presidential series 34'.  I can not find the converter anywhere.  Please help me.  thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom