Winnebago 2010 Grand National Rally (GNR) roll call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Yes - there's another Funtastic GNR on the horizon (it will be here before you know what happened  :D ).

If you are going, or thinking about going, chime in on this thread.  Jane and I might be going again for this one - we had a blast at the one in 2008.

Here is the rally info.

John,
  Good to know you hope to attend.  I will be there for sure.  Trish and I started a new Winnebago Chapter and we have grown from 6 motor homes in January to 47 motor homes in our chapter.  We are having a blast.  We looked for you last year at GNR and everyone was asking about you (at the "other" forum).  We will be in Tennessee Row now that we have moved from California to Tennessee.  I'll try to track you down but please stop by if you get a chance.
>> Dennis & Trish Graham  :)

Marty - (Sarge) - just get 'er done.. make it happen!

Dennis - hey bud - welcome to the forum!! Please take a couple of minutes and say hi to the forum at-large in the 'Introduce yourself' board. Good for you for starting a chapter - wow - you have a big one. 

I missed not being at the GNR last year - we were in the Northeast by design and there was no way we could make that happen.  Pretty sure we can do GNR in 2010 though.  Need the experts at factory service to do some routine maintenance and I need to say hi to my Winnie buddy.

Assuming we can make 2010 GNR, I'll organize an rvforum meet-greet event so we can all have some good fellowship.

We attended last year for the first time and had a great time. Definitely on our calendar again this year. Gotta get there the week ahead though...lots of things to do and the Puckerbrush Parade is a bit of Hometown Americana from the past - a real treat.

Something else that may be attractive immediately following GNR is the EAA Fly-In in Oshkosh, WI.  It's only about 250 - 300 miles east, and it's an easy drive. Anything you want to see having to do with aviation - it's here. Daily airshows and huge static displays - along with a "fly market".  I attended last year (after not attending for the last 15 years) and it was every bit as good, and better, than I remembered it to be. Very family oriented. I recommend it highly  - very similar "Karma" at both events.

Lookin' forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new folks this year...We can't wait!!

Pops

ps...We'll be in the Tennessee row, too!!  Jus' c'mon down!!

We plan to make the GNR for the first time (as we only have been into rving about 2 months).  Just sent in my application to WIT last week.  We look forward to meeting others from the RVforum.

taoshum said:
I can't find the link???

On John's post click on "Here is".....the link will pop up in a new window.  It would help if the words "Here is" were in bold, but maybe it's the new software for the forum now that doesn't allow that (?)

FrontrangeRVer said:
On John's post click on "Here is".....the link will pop up in a new window.  It would help if the words "Here is" were in bold, but maybe it's the new software for the forum now that doesn't allow that (?)

Mark - I noticed links were a little hard to see.  That should be an easy tweak for Tom to make, he has lots of odd and ends to do for the forum, so it might take him a while to get to it.

Pops - a big howdy to you and welcome to rvforum!  I've wanted to do the EAA fly-in for some time, might add that to the list for next year.  Jane literally grew up in the back seat of her daddy's various light aircraft, so she loves all things aviation - that would be an easy sell.

John Canfield said:
Mark - I noticed links were a little hard to see.  That should be an easy tweak for Tom to make, he has lots of odd and ends to do for the forum, so it might take him a while to get to it.

Sorry in advance for the offtopic post, but when I click on link it doesn include where you insert the link or what "name" you want to link to be clickable.  How did you get your link in here John? 

Mark - when you click on the link icon in the edit panel, you don't get the same result as with the older forum software. 

Here is the syntax for the link I used.  For demonstration purposes, I substituted curly brackets {} since if I used the [] bracket symbol, we would have another link embedded.

{url=http://www.winnebagoind.com/clubs/wit/gnr.php}Here is{/url} the rally info.

Ned turned me on to a Firefox add-in called BBCodeXtra which I think will be an easy way to insert BB code.  Give it a try.

Sorry John,  we'll miss you and Jane for this rally.  We were there in '08 & '09.  However, I am happy to say that we will be on our very first WIT caravan. . . . to Alaska!  We are very excited!  Not to mention antsy!  I want July to get here yesterday!

We have plans to be at the rally in 2011 tho.  We may even be in FC after the Alaska caravan, depending on what the roads up in Alaska do to us!

Jeanne - that's terrific!  You will have a blast in Alaska.  We're thinking about going back next year (2011.)  You might want to plan ahead and factor in a factory stop on the way back - Winnie replaced our cracked windshield  :p - given a choice, I'd much rather the factory replace the glass rather than a local glass outfit.

John Canfield said:

John, I find that making the link text UC "and" Bold plus sometimes another color than blue or black makes it stand out very well. You can also make that text a font size larger, tho that has never been necessary in any of my posts.

Have done that here with your link as a for example:

HERE IS the rally info.

I already made the tweak since John posted that message; Links now show in blue automatically.

When I visited Forest City and seen the campground it looked like it might be a little hard leveling the motor home. Is this a problem? Do you need any special equipment?  If you have any advise I'd appreciate it as I'm intending on going to National.

DC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom