Sponsored by Winnebago Industries

Author Topic: Winnebago 2010 Grand National Rally (GNR) roll call  (Read 24148 times)

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
Winnebago 2010 Grand National Rally (GNR) roll call
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:06:17 PM »
Yes - there's another Funtastic GNR on the horizon (it will be here before you know what happened  :D ).

If you are going, or thinking about going, chime in on this thread.  Jane and I might be going again for this one - we had a blast at the one in 2008.

Here is the rally info.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:33:58 PM by John Canfield »
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
Re: Winnebago 2010 Grand National Rally (GNR) roll call
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »
I always wanted to attend one, this may be the year..... :)
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickTNG
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

DennisGraham

• ---
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 09:04:14 PM »
John,
  Good to know you hope to attend.  I will be there for sure.  Trish and I started a new Winnebago Chapter and we have grown from 6 motor homes in January to 47 motor homes in our chapter.  We are having a blast.  We looked for you last year at GNR and everyone was asking about you (at the "other" forum).  We will be in Tennessee Row now that we have moved from California to Tennessee.  I'll try to track you down but please stop by if you get a chance.
>> Dennis & Trish Graham  :)
2013 Meridian 42E
2011 Ford Explorer

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:31:06 PM »
Marty - (Sarge) - just get 'er done.. make it happen!

Dennis - hey bud - welcome to the forum!! Please take a couple of minutes and say hi to the forum at-large in the 'Introduce yourself' board. Good for you for starting a chapter - wow - you have a big one. 

I missed not being at the GNR last year - we were in the Northeast by design and there was no way we could make that happen.  Pretty sure we can do GNR in 2010 though.  Need the experts at factory service to do some routine maintenance and I need to say hi to my Winnie buddy.

Assuming we can make 2010 GNR, I'll organize an rvforum meet-greet event so we can all have some good fellowship.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Pops

• ---
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 09:50:45 PM »
We attended last year for the first time and had a great time. Definitely on our calendar again this year. Gotta get there the week ahead though...lots of things to do and the Puckerbrush Parade is a bit of Hometown Americana from the past - a real treat.

Something else that may be attractive immediately following GNR is the EAA Fly-In in Oshkosh, WI.  It's only about 250 - 300 miles east, and it's an easy drive. Anything you want to see having to do with aviation - it's here. Daily airshows and huge static displays - along with a "fly market".  I attended last year (after not attending for the last 15 years) and it was every bit as good, and better, than I remembered it to be. Very family oriented. I recommend it highly  - very similar "Karma" at both events.

Lookin' forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new folks this year...We can't wait!!

Pops

ps...We'll be in the Tennessee row, too!!   Jus' c'mon down!!
'04 Vectra 40AD
'03 Sport Trac or '05 Saturn Vue
'09 Yamaha Zuma 125

taoshum

• ---
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
I can't find the link???
07 Itasca Meridian 34SH.  '08 Jeep Sahara.
Taos, NM.

yolo

• ---
  • You Only Live Once
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 05:29:57 AM »
We plan to make the GNR for the first time (as we only have been into rving about 2 months).  Just sent in my application to WIT last week.  We look forward to meeting others from the RVforum.
Bill Bell -- SW Florida

2009 Coachmen FX21QB Towing 2009 Smart Car
2013 Thor Tuscany 40FX
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD

FrontrangeRVer

• ---
  • 8,600 feet elevation up in the Rockies
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 07:14:27 AM »
I can't find the link???

On John's post click on "Here is".....the link will pop up in a new window.  It would help if the words "Here is" were in bold, but maybe it's the new software for the forum now that doesn't allow that (?)
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
2 toads, depending on purpose:
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2005 Hyundai Elantra

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 08:16:21 AM »

On John's post click on "Here is".....the link will pop up in a new window.  It would help if the words "Here is" were in bold, but maybe it's the new software for the forum now that doesn't allow that (?)

Mark - I noticed links were a little hard to see.  That should be an easy tweak for Tom to make, he has lots of odd and ends to do for the forum, so it might take him a while to get to it.

Pops - a big howdy to you and welcome to rvforum!  I've wanted to do the EAA fly-in for some time, might add that to the list for next year.  Jane literally grew up in the back seat of her daddy's various light aircraft, so she loves all things aviation - that would be an easy sell.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

afchap

• ---
    • The Empty Nest
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »
Would like to make it, but probably the next GNR for us will be 2011. :-\
Paul ... (KE5LXU), was fulltimin', now parttimin'...
'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40e
'05 Honda Odyssey toad
Escapees, FMCA, SMART, WIT
http://www.pjrider.com

FrontrangeRVer

• ---
  • 8,600 feet elevation up in the Rockies
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 04:06:23 PM »
Mark - I noticed links were a little hard to see.  That should be an easy tweak for Tom to make, he has lots of odd and ends to do for the forum, so it might take him a while to get to it.

Sorry in advance for the offtopic post, but when I click on link it doesn include where you insert the link or what "name" you want to link to be clickable.  How did you get your link in here John? 
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
2 toads, depending on purpose:
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2005 Hyundai Elantra

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 06:27:46 PM »
Mark - when you click on the link icon in the edit panel, you don't get the same result as with the older forum software. 

Here is the syntax for the link I used.  For demonstration purposes, I substituted curly brackets {} since if I used the [] bracket symbol, we would have another link embedded.

{url=http://www.winnebagoind.com/clubs/wit/gnr.php}Here is{/url} the rally info.

Ned turned me on to a Firefox add-in called BBCodeXtra which I think will be an easy way to insert BB code.  Give it a try.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

John Hilley

• ---
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 09:51:56 PM »
My wife Cathy and I and most of the North Dakota Nodak-Flickertails Club will be there.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C
  Handicap Lift & Hospital Bed

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 08:07:15 AM »
Excellent!
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Jeanne M

• ---
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 02:33:10 PM »
Sorry John,  we'll miss you and Jane for this rally.  We were there in '08 & '09.  However, I am happy to say that we will be on our very first WIT caravan. . . . to Alaska!  We are very excited!  Not to mention antsy!  I want July to get here yesterday!

We have plans to be at the rally in 2011 tho.  We may even be in FC after the Alaska caravan, depending on what the roads up in Alaska do to us!

Jean 'n Kenny
2005 Itasca Horizon 36GD, 350 Cat, Freightliner Evolution Chassis
1992 worn out Honda Accord
WIT #130045
Bailey our furry traveling companion

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 02:55:16 PM »
Jeanne - that's terrific!  You will have a blast in Alaska.  We're thinking about going back next year (2011.)  You might want to plan ahead and factor in a factory stop on the way back - Winnie replaced our cracked windshield  :P - given a choice, I'd much rather the factory replace the glass rather than a local glass outfit.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »

John, I find that making the link text UC "and" Bold plus sometimes another color than blue or black makes it stand out very well. You can also make that text a font size larger, tho that has never been necessary in any of my posts.

Have done that here with your link as a for example:

HERE IS the rally info.
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 09:32:54 PM »
Good suggestion - much appreciated Bob!
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 11:53:43 PM »
I already made the tweak since John posted that message; Links now show in blue automatically.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

banjo5491

• ---
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 06:44:14 PM »
When I visited Forest City and seen the campground it looked like it might be a little hard leveling the motor home. Is this a problem? Do you need any special equipment?  If you have any advise I'd appreciate it as I'm intending on going to National.

DC
DC

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 09:15:41 PM »
It's the luck of the draw.  They rotate the state rows around every year so one year you might have a real level site and one year you might not.  The story I heard is the person that deeded the land to Winnebago Industries stipulated that it had to retain its gently rolling 'character.'  What is character to one person is a problem to another  ::).

The parking crew has wood cribbage and they will help you get level.  In some extreme cases, it might involve digging some shallow holes for the wheels, but this is pretty unusual.  DO NOT let this situation keep you from attending - you will have a blast at the rally and the odds are way in your favor that leveling will be a non-event.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

banjo5491

• ---
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
That you John for the information. I will be there.
DC

Boris and Natasha

• ---
    • Bullwinkle's Travels
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 10:09:44 AM »
We're planning to attend GNR this year. It'll be our first!
We look forward to taking our new Tour "home" to Forest City.
We'll be in the California row.  8)
As natives of the heartland, we know the Iowa weather in July can be just about anything.
So, we're placing our order for sunny skies, pleasant temps, gentle breezes and no humidity.
(We can dream, can't we?)

We are eager to meet members of our Winnie clan!

Paul and Mary
Traveling fulltime with "Bullwinkle" (2009 Winnebago Tour 40TD) and "Rocky" (2013 Jeep Wrangler) and a couple of cats.

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 12:34:16 PM »
Good deal guys!  We'll put together an rvforum meet 'n greet in one of the seminar tents so we can have some in-person chitty-chatty time.

We figure the weather will be significantly better than Texas, but you're right - could be anything.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Boris and Natasha

• ---
    • Bullwinkle's Travels
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 10:53:35 AM »
It took me awhile to get around to it. But, it's official: The check is in the mail.

We're looking forward to our first GNR!

Mary
Traveling fulltime with "Bullwinkle" (2009 Winnebago Tour 40TD) and "Rocky" (2013 Jeep Wrangler) and a couple of cats.

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 12:17:32 PM »
Jane just sent in our check a few days ago - looking forward to seeing you guys!  We'll be in the Texas row.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Dar

• ---
  • Home is where and when we decide!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 02:47:49 PM »
Last year the litature stated that state rows could have been limited to only extending one slide out on the MH's, I can't find anywhere that is stated for this year. Did I overlook it or have others seen this? We stayed in Lower D last year but when we walked around I don't recall anyone having limited slides out.

Thanks, Dar
Dar & Bill
2012 Winnebago Journey 40U
2013 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4X4
Blue Ox baseplate
Ready Brute tow bar w/integrated Ready Brake & Breakaway

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »
Last year the litature stated that state rows could have been limited to only extending one slide out on the MH's, I can't find anywhere that is stated for this year.
That was never on the radar screen when we were at GNR - never heard anybody talk about not being able put slides out.  I usually don't make flat statements, but all three of our slides will be extended at the GNR  ;D
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

yolo

• ---
  • You Only Live Once
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 07:02:38 PM »
See Ya'll at GNR.  We've sent in the application and money.  Just finished the Florida State Rally <Florida Winnie Gators>.  We had 307 coaches at Orlando Fair Grounds.  Our challenge is to have more than the 122 coaches that were at GNR last year.  Maybe we can make it, cause I wasn't there last year.

If you get to Forrest City a week early, can you stay at the Winnebago Rally site or do you have to go somewhere else for the week?
Bill Bell -- SW Florida

2009 Coachmen FX21QB Towing 2009 Smart Car
2013 Thor Tuscany 40FX
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 08:57:27 PM »
Winnie opens up the rally grounds maybe three or four days early?  I forgot the exact number of days.  You do have to pay an additional nominal fee for the days though.  What we did was arrive about a week or ten days early for service and stayed at rally grounds in the service row until we got kicked out.  Then we were at the visitor's center for a night or two until the rally grounds were opened up for early arrivals.

If you won't be there early for service, you can

a) stay at nearby Pammel Park (water/electric only but with a dump)
b) try to stay at the commercial RV park on the west side of Forest City (chances are they will be full)
c) there is a very nice commercial campground about 30 miles south in Clear Lake called Oakwood RV Park
d) there is a state park nearby called Pilot Knob - we drove the Jeep there and checked it out - as I recall it is heavily wooded and it is really designed for smaller RVs.  No way would we take our Horizon there
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

navy flier

• ---
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 08:09:09 AM »
We will be there again this year. After GNR we are headed for Oshkosh.
Chuck & Carol
08 Horizon 40TD
04 Honda CR-V

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 08:32:27 AM »
Good deal!
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

codgerbill

• ---
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 04:25:19 PM »
We have made our reservations and sent in the check. We will be in the state row with other Michigan WIT members. I was searching the WIT site looking for a list of seminars and the factory tour and official Winnebago thingies. Either I am getting too old or something, but I didn't find a list. If there is such a thing we would like to pre register for some of them. Also since this will be our first GNR I am wondering if (as the web site states) there is jut an electric hookup or if there will be both electric and water available at the sites? If no water at the sites is there a tanker for water as there is for the gray and black water? After seeing all the coaches (from pictures) it looks like they sorta pack em in and I would not like to unhook to go for water.
2005 Itsca Suncruiser 37b
Banks Powerpack
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4 Dr
Chocolate Lab ( Buddy)
She who must be obeyed

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »
Bill - the tour sign up will be coming out at some point in time in the WIT magazine, hang in there.  Seminar info will be a little later I think.

There is a honey wagon that will take care of your gray/black for about $15 a pump-out, I think they are running that every couple of days - not sure about the frequency.  You buy a ticket and then put something (forgot what exactly) in your windshield indicating you want to be pumped out that day.  You leave the basement compartment unlocked and they will take care of you - "need not be present to win..."  There are also strategically located bathhouses.

There will only be water available from a faucet at the end of each row, but people know to bring lots of hose; in some cases your state folks will have a long water hose available.  Bring extra hose and I guarantee you will have no problem latching on to the community water hose that will be making the rounds.

Unless you are in section "D" and I think "E", you will be on 30 amp electric.  D&E are 50 amp.

The rigs are parked tightly, but the parkers do an excellent job at keeping everything moving and directing (leading) you to your spot and getting you lined up.  Some of the sites are very unlevel - it is just the luck of the draw what you will get in terms of level.  Each year the state rows are rotated around to give everybody a crack at a level or unlevel site.

When the rally officially begins, all toads must be moved off to nearby designated parking areas - only the trams (people movers), golf carts and bikes are allowed on the rally streets.

If you do wind up in an unlevel site, the parkers can help with wood cribbage for your jacks or tires.

It is a really fun, entertaining, and educational week - you will have a great time!
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Dar

• ---
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »
I was searching the WIT site looking for a list of seminars and the factory tour and official Winnebago thingies.
It's on there but not very obvious, listed as "WIT Club News - 2010 GNR Registration Special Issue" so I am pasting the link here; http://www.winnebagoind.com/clubs/wit/pdfs/2010WITGNRRegistrationEdition.pdf We just received our hard copy of this in the mail yesterday so maybe since you have signed up you will be getting one soon.

If there is such a thing we would like to pre register for some of them. Also since this will be our first GNR I am wondering if (as the web site states) there is jut an electric hookup or if there will be both electric and water available at the sites? If no water at the sites is there a tanker for water as there is for the gray and black water? After seeing all the coaches (from pictures) it looks like they sorta pack em in and I would not like to unhook to go for water.
We were far from the other end last year where the water spicket was and everyone was very helpful in attaching their hoses together to make the reach. I also believe that I read this year that the honey wagon this year was $25 but don't quote me, we didn't use them so I am not sure what they were last time, dumped on the way out. We made it the whole time on one fresh tank but filled prior to leaving because our rig needs a full fresh in order to handle better. TMI  :)
Dar & Bill
Blue Ox baseplate

Dar

• ---
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
Unless you are in section "D" and I think "E", you will be on 30 amp electric.  D&E are 50 amp.

Actually D is only 30 amp as well. The only 50 amp section is E and they are now full.
Dar & Bill
Blue Ox baseplate

codgerbill

• ---
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »
Thanks for all of the replys. I have done another search on the Winnebago site and see that the information is now available on their website.  Thanks John for your information, particularly the information on the" tram". I had injured a leg in a motorcycle accident a while back and a lot of walking did not appeal to me. One other question I have is regarding the factory tours. The sine up form that I found on line states that one should designate their #1 and #2 preferences yet leaves no method to designate the preference. Also can one sign up for more that 2 different tours? Once again, thanks for the very helpful replys.
Banks Powerpack
Chocolate Lab ( Buddy)
She who must be obeyed

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 05:57:29 PM »
The sine up form that I found on line states that one should designate their #1 and #2 preferences yet leaves no method to designate the preference. Also can one sign up for more that 2 different tours?
Give the WIT Office at 1-800-643-4892 and ask them - I'm not sure.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Tourmaster

• ---
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2010, 07:22:34 PM »
Donít forget that golf carts are available for rent during GNR week. I donít know the details on them but if you call the WIT office they would be able to fill you in. Reservations for them need to be done early as they go fast. There can be a lot of walking.

Also I believe in the handicap area you can park your toad next to your MH.
John & Carol
2009 Winnebago Tour 40 TD

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »
Yes - excellent points!
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

codgerbill

• ---
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2010, 11:03:01 PM »
Thanks again. I did take some time to read the PDF regarding the rally. it stated you can only sine up for 2 tours but doesn't indicate how you designate #1 & #2. I also read about the handicapped area but I do want to be with the Michigan Winnies group. I think that if the "Tram" thingy runs on a regular basis that would be my option. 
Banks Powerpack
Chocolate Lab ( Buddy)
She who must be obeyed

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 08:19:32 AM »
I think that if the "Tram" thingy runs on a regular basis that would be my option.
The trams run continuously - not sure what time they start and stop but it seems like they are running practically all of the time.  You can also catch a shuttle to downtown FC if you want to eat at a restaurant or grocery shop at Bills.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

codgerbill

• ---
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »
As a first timer I was under the mistaken impression that we need to wait until we had confirmation , by mail, that or reservation had been received before we could make reservations for the various seminars/activities. I called and talked to Rosie  then Laura at the WIT club (phone numbers listed on page 5 of the GNR PDF. Rosie told me that the check had been received. She also mentioned that they would be mailing out the confirmations starting the first of May.  She had Laurie call me so that I could reserve spots for the various items we were interested in. I must say that they were very friendly and very helpful. My compliments to the staff people at WIT. I was also hopeing there would be a seminar on digital photography.....but alas no such luck
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 04:11:15 PM by codgerbill »
Banks Powerpack
Chocolate Lab ( Buddy)
She who must be obeyed

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »
My compliments to the staff people at WIT. I was also hopeing there would be a seminar on digital photography.....but alas no such luck

They really do a super job - been at it a long time and they know what they're doing.

As I recall, all of the seminars are directly related to RVing - there were cooking seminars but they were focused on ovens/microwaves installed in Winnie units.

I'm really looking forward to another GNR - we had a great time a couple of years ago.  I'm looking forward to "The RV Forum" Winnebago gang getting together for a social.  Depending on how many of us there are, we might have a social hour at our coach, or get one of the tents for our gathering.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2010, 10:15:21 PM »
It looks like the DW and I will be in attendance John.  Looking forward to our first GNR!
Marty--

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2010, 07:41:50 AM »
Good deal Marty!
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Coach_Frank

• ---
  • Karen & Frank
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2010, 09:10:57 PM »
My wife and I are thinking about going. Can we get in at this late of a date.  What if we can only stay a few days?  Will it still be worth it?
Coach
2005 Winnebago Voyage
2007 Saturn Vue
There are really only two plays: Romeo and Juliet, and put the darn ball in the basket.
-- Abe Lemons

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2010, 09:31:20 PM »
I would be amazed if you couldn't get registered - no worries there.  It is probably a little late to sign up for some of the tours, especially the factory tours.  If you have never been to a GNR before, it is well worth your effort - just the seminars are worth the trip.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Ding-a-ling

• ---
  • Currently: Zephyrhills, FL
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »
Bette and I will be in the Florida row (since we now own property in Zephyrhills). 8)

We couldn't make it last year - the WIT Alaska Caravan precluded that!  Stop by the Florida row and find some familiar faces.  We are looking forward to seeing you and Jane again.

Frank F.
'05 Itasca Suncruiser, '04 Saturn VUE
BlueOx towing pkg, UltraPower upgrade
WIT W112365

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, 05:44:49 PM »
Hi Frank - good deal!  Look forward to seeing you guys again.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

ct78barnes

• ---
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2010, 09:01:52 AM »
We will be getting to the rally on Saturday and have some questions . We want some stickers replaced on our Sightseer and it is a 2003 . Do they keep these parts in stock or should we call now and have them ordered. We are in section D and have a small list of things to get done. Do they give you a estimate on the cost of the repairs during the rally or not . I have heard they charge 100 dollars a hr for labor. We have a 8 pound poodle and was wondering if they allow them in the waiting area. Also is Roadmaster going to be at the Rally we would like to get our tow bar serviced. Last question how far do you have to go to get to our toad and dose it make sense to bring our bikes to the rally or is it better to get a golf cart for the week and how much does it cost. Thanks for this great site.
2011 sightseer 35 J full Body paint and Pull a 2006 Trailblazer as our toad. Full Road master package Sterling  Tow Bar Even break breaking system

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2010, 09:41:32 AM »
Do they keep these parts in stock or should we call now and have them ordered

Yes, they do have thousands of parts in stock, but best to call and check the availability

Do they give you a estimate on the cost of the repairs during the rally or not

Believe they provide estimates, rally or not

I have heard they charge 100 dollars a hr for labor

Sounds right

We have a 8 pound poodle and was wondering if they allow them in the waiting area

Yes

Also is Roadmaster going to be at the Rally we would like to get our tow bar serviced

Two years ago Roadmaster was at the GNR. The service was 'free', but the tech appreciated a tip

how far do you have to go to get to our toad

Not too far unless you have difficulty walking

dose it make sense to bring our bikes to the rally

We bring ours - makes it much easier to get around

is it better to get a golf cart for the week

Get a golf cart if you don't want to walk or ride a bike

how much does it cost

No idea - we've never rented one
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

codgerbill

• ---
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »
The golf cart rental fee is $240
Banks Powerpack
Chocolate Lab ( Buddy)
She who must be obeyed

ct78barnes

• ---
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »
Thanks for the quick ansers to my questions Is any body getting excited I know I am and want to go to the first timers on Sunday morning .
2011 sightseer 35 J full Body paint and Pull a 2006 Trailblazer as our toad. Full Road master package Sterling  Tow Bar Even break breaking system

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2010, 03:36:30 PM »
I think we are going to be there early to hang out with the LEO group.  They might even give a job to do at the Rally.  No problem, we can do what ever is needed.
Marty--

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2010, 09:44:08 AM »
From my headcount, I have ten rvforum rigs (including us) attending the GNR.  Looks like we have enough to try to get a seminar tent scheduled for our meet 'n greet.  I'll let you know what happens.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

codgerbill

• ---
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2010, 02:34:10 PM »
We will be attending and would look forward to meeting fellow/fellowette forum members. I am also wondering if there is a vendor list? I will be stopping at HWH prior to the rally and I did notice that they will be at the rally. I did a google search and did not find a list from there.
Banks Powerpack
Chocolate Lab ( Buddy)
She who must be obeyed

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2010, 04:03:27 PM »
Typically, the major vendors that Winnie uses are in attendance - HWH, Norcold, Dometic, Dimensions (whatever they are called), ShurFlo. MCD will be there, probably Roadmaster, Winegard, King Controls, etc.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Pops

• ---
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2010, 11:43:43 PM »
We rolled into FC a little early for some service and to do some vol work pre-GNR. For general info, the Lodge Restaurant has reopened (yesterday - Thurs. was the 1st day open) under a new name - Riverview, I think. Same principal owner, but now I understand there are several partners involved. They serve breakfast (anytime), lunch and dinner. We had breakfast there this morning, and the prices were reasonable (total bill for breakfast was approx $10 for 2), portions were very hearty, and service was good. Keep in mind that since they are just opening - the help is new, and when they get crowded it would be wise to anticipate some service problems...but when we were there today everything was running well. It provides an option for meals within walking distance to the grounds for those who don't want to risk losing that "special" car parking place.  ;)

In general, the grounds appear to be in great shape - the last several days have been in the mid 80's and severe clear - very pleasant. Rain may be moving in again over the 4th, but we'll see how things go.

Made a notation of the meet-n-greet date and time and look forward to meeting everyone. Thanks for setting it up, John. BTW - the AC addition sounds awesome. May consider doing that on ours. Excellent write up.

Wishing everyone a safe & happy 4th and looking forward to a great GNR.  :D

Pops

'04 Vectra 40AD, '03 Sport Trac, '09 Yamaha Zuma 125
'04 Vectra 40AD
'03 Sport Trac or '05 Saturn Vue
'09 Yamaha Zuma 125

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2010, 07:36:04 AM »
Pops - thanks for the report.  I'm glad to hear The Lodge (it will always be The Lodge) is open and they don't charge an arm and a foot for breakfast.  We're leaving Monday for FC.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

codgerbill

• ---
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »
Just a thought regarding food. We are wondering if anyone going to the GNR brings food to cook (breakfast, lunch, dinner). We have heard from someone that they recommend not bringing a lot of food to cook. I have heard that there is not a lot of space to grill and that there are so many food places  and lots of activities so perhaps just bring  maby breakfast, quick lunch things and lots of liquids? ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:26:14 PM by codgerbill »
Banks Powerpack
Chocolate Lab ( Buddy)
She who must be obeyed

afchap

• ---
    • The Empty Nest
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2010, 05:23:59 PM »
wondering if anyone going to the GNR brings food to cook (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
We are fulltimers, and take to GNR what we take anywhere ...we eat out maybe once or twice a week. True, there is not a LOT of space for outside grilling at GNR, but if you want to, you can. Our eating/cooking habits there are not much different from anywhere else we are.
Paul ... (KE5LXU), was fulltimin', now parttimin'...
'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40e
'05 Honda Odyssey toad
Escapees, FMCA, SMART, WIT
http://www.pjrider.com

codgerbill

• ---
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2010, 10:04:30 AM »
RE:
 RV forum member seminar tent.

John,

I know you posted it somewhere about the date, time and location. I think it was sometime Wednesday in tent E.
I have semi diligently searched for the details but cant seem to find the details. Would you kindly repost the details? :-[
Banks Powerpack
Chocolate Lab ( Buddy)
She who must be obeyed

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2010, 01:57:29 PM »
Bill - our meet 'n greet is Wednesday, July 21, 3PM in seminar tent "E."
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

PatrioticStabilist

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2010, 06:24:04 PM »
Wish I had read this sooner. We stayed at Oakwood last night, could have stayed at the visitor center tonight, but I went to Pammel City Park to get water and it was so pretty we stayed there tonight.  we have the shade of a very nice willow tree, with the river on the back. It's only 82 so I guess we think its winter, we have all the windows open and AC off.

I saw the tons of coaches at the rally, wow, that's something.  I just hope I can get my windshield in, in the morning,they are supposed to.  I've going to try and get there early, its only 5 minutes from here.

So hi to all of you at the rally, enjoy.

Coach_Frank

• ---
  • Karen & Frank
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »
Hi John,

We are headed for the rally.  We should be there Monday.  Our transmission failure light has come on 3 seperate times on our trip out west.  It seems to reset when we turn the ignition off.  Will there be someone at the rally that we can have look at our problem?  My wife and I are excited about meeting everyone at the meet and greet and are looking forward to getting there.
Coach
2005 Winnebago Voyage
2007 Saturn Vue
There are really only two plays: Romeo and Juliet, and put the darn ball in the basket.
-- Abe Lemons

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2010, 07:29:53 AM »
Hi Frank - looking forward to meeting you guys!

Freightliner will be here and can probably give you some advice and/or help.  If you need an Allison shop, there are several Allison dealers within a 100 mile radius of Forest City.
--John
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Hosted by Over The Network