Need Fast Advise Ref Surge Tank 02 Journey 39QD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GG1

As usual last minute problems arise,,,,We had planned to start for the 4 month excursion South on Sunday Dec 27th but I noticed what looks like a few hairline cracks just above the center on the clear plastic anti freeze tank, I think they call it a surge tank. Actually they look like surface imperfections and nothing is leaking. My question is how do you remove the shroud that fits between the top of the radiator and the top of the compartment. I can find a few bolts on the left side but I find nothing on the right from the outside looking in.  Any help would be appreciated.

Your surge tank is most likely not under pressure, so if no leaks, no urgent worries.  Not sure how to remove it.

I'm going to leave your post here in the Winnie forum because the tank might be spec'ed out and unique to your chassis as Winnie ordered it from FTL.  If you don't get any useful responses, I'll move it to the Tech board.

If you have the original '02 Freightliner clear surge tank there is a good chance it was subject to a recall for cracking.

As has been suggested keep and eye on it and check with a FL service center about replacing it.

Do not know where you are departing from or where you are headed to but if from the East, headed towards Florida, I would head for Gaffney and the Freightliner Factory for repair or replacement of your surge tank. You note that it is not leaking at this time so just Pray that it holds till you get to Gaffney.

If you are not East then I would suggest stopping at the first Freightliner Repair Shop you can find.
Perhaps a call direct to Freightliner Help Line will get you good advice.
Numbers should be in your Black Bag.

Best of Luck

Jeff said:
If you have the original '02 Freightliner clear surge tank there is a good chance it was subject to a recall for cracking.
Jeff - mine disintegrated when it was time for our first major routine maintenance a couple of years ago.  Okay - that's a little dramatic - when they removed the filler cap, most of the plastic neck came off with the cap  :eek:

Freightliner Tolleson retrofitted a tank from a Freightliner Century class tractor.

Back
Top Bottom