What did Santa bring you for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian

During the Santa Season a number of little folks asked me what Santa wanted for Christmas and I usually answered something along the lines of 'more smiles' or 'extra hugs' or 'happy times' ... but I never expected what my family surprised me with...

A Meccano set Special Edition Train!

Now I'm probably like a lot of you folks out there, my Meccano (Erector Set) days are well and truly behind me. This was a complete surprise and I have been relaxing myself - other than a few heated moments when big fingers don't go into small spaces - putting it together.

This picture shows the finished (except for stickers) model.

It is supposed to fit on G-scale track, it is also supposed to be able to move by itself though how they expect to drive all those coupled-up rods etc and the wheelset when they are only relying on a loose push fit for the wheel to the axle... sure got me beat LOL

http://www.meccano.com/models/train_set.html/

Now, what stuff did your Santa bring to you for Christmas that surprised you?

PS: and  hope that each of you had a great break with your loved ones and family around you.

And while on the theme, a big thanks to all the moderators and forum management, and all the contributors that make this list the RV Framily Home that we all love to be a part of.

Attachments

• 091226-2305-meccano-specialedition-1533.jpg
    091226-2305-meccano-specialedition-1533.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 46
A well-deserved gift for Santa. It's been many years since I last made anything with a Meccano kit.

Ian,

That is neat!! I still have my A.C. Gilbert Erector set. Haven't tried to build anything with it in years.

Santa brought me a Canon Powershot A1100IS camera. Needed something to carry on the motorcycle instead of my Canon 40D. :)

My best gift was having both of my brothers join me at mom and dad's for the big meal on Christmas. The next best thing was getting home safely from the kids' house.  The "creek road" doesn't get any sun - this is a week after the 2' of snow hit!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2615/4215111621_a07c7c0d29.jpg

Finally, I got an electric smoker (from my parents) and a fold up grill (from the kids).

Ian, that brings back many fond memories. I spent countless  hours with Meccano as a kid and had a Hornby 00 train set made by them.

@tom: Yes, at a rough guess it is around the 45 year mark for me.

@jim: You still have it? Wow. All I have is the memories. Green plates, red wheels, lots of little screw bits to lose.

@rjf7g: yes, family is such an important part of the Christmas Season. Don't like to see all that snow, brrrr ;)

@RoyM: I had a wind up Hornby set too. It has gone by now but it used to be a lot of fun to set it speeding around the track with its tin carriages behind it.

"@RoyM: I had a wind up Hornby set too. It has gone by now but it used to be a lot of fun to set it speeding around the track with its tin carriages behind it."
Mine was electric, not windup. Dad built a J shaped table in the basement, I think he had as much fun with it. It cost him a fair chunk for track and rolling stock LOL.

taoshum said:
well, I ask for "Paz en la Tierra, ahora"

but, it's not to be. :-\

Never hurts to ask, tho. Just remember to be specific.

For Christmas, I got to hang out in the California desert with (mostly) beautiful weather with Mike and goofy labrador, cell and internet and dishnet reception, and a brand new 1973 VW beetle with gas under $5 per gallon, lots of books, and plenty of hot water. Life is good.

Wendy

>> @jim: You still have it? Wow. All I have is the memories. Green plates, red wheels, lots of little screw bits to lose.<<

Ian,

Surprisingly it's one of the things my mother didn't throw out when I went into the Navy! I understand it could be worth some money. It certainly has been used, though.  ;D

Ever since we started RV'ing a few years back, my parents always get us (or the kids) camping-related stuff for Christmas.  This year we got a family game called Camp that looks pretty entertaining, and one of my sons got a good sized PlayMobil RV (resembles a Class C) that is really neat!  Complete with removable bunks inside, a pull out awning, and realistic interior features... for a toy anyway, it's not a scale model or anything.  It comes with bikes, tableware, and lots of other accessories that all store away in rooftop and rear storage compartments on the toy rig.  He's pretty proud of it, and I'm sure it will be making some camping trips with us in 2010.  8)

Wendy said:
Never hurts to ask, tho. Just remember to be specific.

For Christmas, I got to hang out in the California desert with (mostly) beautiful weather with Mike and goofy labrador, cell and internet and dishnet reception, and a brand new 1973 VW beetle with gas under $5 per gallon, lots of books, and plenty of hot water. Life is good.

Wendy

thanks for the reminder Wendy.  I did mention a few specific places around the globe where "Paz en la Tierra" is not observed, except in words.  Must be very difficult to "walk the talk" ;) :-\

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom