EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Have lots of experience, but need help with RV insurance in England/Europe  (Read 3876 times)

kdgreene

Hello everyone,
We are new to this forum and we hope we can help anyone who needs help travelling overseas.  My husband and I have experience motorhoming across Mexico, Central America, South America, New Zealand, Australia, Europe, Morocco and West Africa.
Ask away!

However, at the moment, we have a question about Green Cards in Europe.  We had a policy through AIG/AIU, but they are no longer writing for Americans in Europe.  Does anyone here know of a company that will?  We have tried English companies, they will only write for residents and there are some German/Dutch companies that will, but they want 1,400 Euros/year.  Ouch.  Our rig is currently stored in Bedfordshire, England.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Kim

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Have lots of experience, but need help with RV insurance in England/Europe
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 01:36:37 PM »
I assume you have insurance for the UK, and just need the green card to provide extended coverage while in Europe (?) Either way, have you tried the folks at Sureterm. I have no personal experience with them.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

kdgreene

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response.  I will check with Sureterm, but I haven't had any luck with UK companies because they requirelocal registration and DL.  My truck is currently uninsured because my policy ran out after I parked it and AIG/AIU is no longer writing policies.  I have a quote from Nowag Versicherungen, but no actual policy in hand yet and I don't know who their undewriter is (it used to be AIU).  I will let you know if I am successful.

Kim

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
I will let you know if I am successful.

Thanks Kim, that will help others in the future. Good luck.

kdgreene

Just wanted to let everybody know that I did find insurance through Nowag Versicherungen.  For one year the total cost was $802.00usd.  not great, but better than the $1,400euros I was originally quoted.  Leaving tomorrow for England, you can follow us or look at our previous travels at www.questconnect.org.

Thanks

Kim

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Thanks for the feedback Kim, much appreciated. Do you have a link &/or phone number for them?

We leave for the UK at the end of the month. Maybe we'll run into each other. In any event, have a great trip.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:17:23 PM by Tom »

Tom in VB

• ---
    • Papillon's Travels
We have utilized Karl Heinz Nowag Insurance Agency for all 4 years of our Euro adventures.  He is based near Frankfurt, married to a fine American gal and speaks excellent English.  We highly recommend him.

e-mail   nowag@t-online.de
phone  49 6106 16960

Tom and Judy
Tom in Vero Beach
www.papillontravels.net

Hosted by Over The Network