Have lots of experience, but need help with RV insurance in England/Europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdgreene

Hello everyone,
We are new to this forum and we hope we can help anyone who needs help travelling overseas.  My husband and I have experience motorhoming across Mexico, Central America, South America, New Zealand, Australia, Europe, Morocco and West Africa.
Ask away!

However, at the moment, we have a question about Green Cards in Europe.  We had a policy through AIG/AIU, but they are no longer writing for Americans in Europe.  Does anyone here know of a company that will?  We have tried English companies, they will only write for residents and there are some German/Dutch companies that will, but they want 1,400 Euros/year.  Ouch.  Our rig is currently stored in Bedfordshire, England.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Kim

I assume you have insurance for the UK, and just need the green card to provide extended coverage while in Europe (?) Either way, have you tried the folks at Sureterm. I have no personal experience with them.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response.  I will check with Sureterm, but I haven't had any luck with UK companies because they requirelocal registration and DL.  My truck is currently uninsured because my policy ran out after I parked it and AIG/AIU is no longer writing policies.  I have a quote from Nowag Versicherungen, but no actual policy in hand yet and I don't know who their undewriter is (it used to be AIU).  I will let you know if I am successful.

Kim

Just wanted to let everybody know that I did find insurance through Nowag Versicherungen.  For one year the total cost was $802.00usd.  not great, but better than the $1,400euros I was originally quoted.  Leaving tomorrow for England, you can follow us or look at our previous travels at www.questconnect.org.

Thanks

Kim

Thanks for the feedback Kim, much appreciated. Do you have a link &/or phone number for them?

We leave for the UK at the end of the month. Maybe we'll run into each other. In any event, have a great trip.

We have utilized Karl Heinz Nowag Insurance Agency for all 4 years of our Euro adventures.  He is based near Frankfurt, married to a fine American gal and speaks excellent English.  We highly recommend him.

e-mail  [email protected]
phone  49 6106 16960

Tom and Judy

Back
Top Bottom