"Ultimate Factories" on Speed Channel featured "Winnebago" last night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rving

By surprise I caught a series on the Speed Channel last night called "Ultimate Factories" this episode toured the Winnebago factory on a step by step build of the 2009 Vectra. The show was in High Def. Very impressive. It takes ten days to complete one Coach. Everything is made within the factory. I hope it is on again, Ill keep an eye on the schedule and alert everyone if it returns. 

I toured Winnebago's Forest City factory last year and it was mind blowing. A must see for every RVer.

It's a National Geo production, so keep an eye on that channel too.

Good show, but like the others in the series comes with some "marketing"...

Ed thanks for the note on the National Geo channel. I checked their schedule and did not see any repeat but its sure to show up again at some point. While searching I see they do sell the series on DVD but I prefer to wait for it to air again and I will record it.

I watched that episode also...As I remember it, they have a 5-station assembly line that takes only 3 days to actually assemble the Moho, with several hundred 'man hours' that include all the sub systems they mfg. - that's not counting the time to mfg. the Freightliner chassis that they 'import' to build the rig on...

It was interesting to see that they have a dept. that roto-moulds all their plastic onboard tanks, water, grey, black, etc...a big investment in moulds, large furnace, etc.!

Mexray said:
I watched that episode also...As I remember it, they have a 5-station assembly line that takes only 3 days to actually assemble the Moho, with several hundred 'man hours' that include all the sub systems they mfg. - that's not counting the time to mfg. the Freightliner chassis that they 'import' to build the rig on...
Three days to run down the line in 'Big Bertha' is what I was told.  No telling how many man-hours are involved in the finished product.

keep checking back on speed, it has been aired on there atleast a dozen times this year, along with John deere, peterbuilt,cat and someothers. They usually run them all together. ;)

Monday, January 28, beginning at 8 p.m. ET/PT, the National Geographic Channel (NGC) takes you behind the scenes and inside the high-tech mega-manufacturing plants -- the Ultimate Factories -- that create these two icons of American work and recreation: Caterpillar and Winnebago.

Read more: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/features/article_1387524.php#ixzz0bW0ld7FI

Mike like the Avatar. Is that the SP GS-4 'Daylight' #4449?

Disregard the last information I posted. I was searching to see when it would show again and found that info but I think that info was for an 08 airing. I can no longer delete it. Sorry!

rving said:
Mike like the Avatar. Is that the SP GS-4 'Daylight' #4449?

Yep, sure is...I was aboard her twice as an Engineer (Pilot).... 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom