Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK-RV

Hi All

Does anyone have a website to view the layout and book sites for Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground.

Ive found the Disney site, but cant find the on-line booking for campsites or even see a campground layout map.

We are looking at a 10 day stay over Christmas and New Year NEXT year.

I managed to get a price thru an agent for $1,025.80 (prefered full hook-up site, inc taxes).

But, I think the official price is less than this so i would have expected a slight discount thru an agent.

Any Ideas ?

Paul

Also, if anyone can suggest a VERY NICE campground at Christmas Florida, we may stay there Dec 23 - Dec 28 and Disney Dec 28 - Jan 2 2007

It feels a little strange planning a stay just a few days before our RETURN home, when we haven't even got there in the first place. LOL

Paul

The reservation system is on their web site. It's a little weird because you have to book a "room" rather than a camp site. However, it doesn't appear to give you the CG layout, so you might need to phone or fax them to ask.

I'm not sure why you'd expect an agent to give you a lower price since the agent has to make money off the deal. BTW I've never stayed there, although I've heard good reports from folks who have.

Can't help with campground recomendations at Christmas Florida, but a Google search turns up a bunch of them. You could try Woodalls online campground directory. You'll need to sign up to get access to see the details of specific campgrounds. I haven't used their online directory, but I use Woodalls printed directory all the time when we're on the road.

Hi Tom

Yes, I have the website - now I know to book a ROOM I got there fine - Thanks !

Re the price, I assumed that (like Hotels), you get an advertised rate and can book thru agents who will often sell cheaper to get the business (cutting a bit from their commission).

But I guess it IS Disney.

Re Christmas - I could only really find the airstream park and they dont have a website.

As its a special time of year, we would rather pay more and have a little luxury.

Although - Im not sure how we will cope with all the kids at Disney - that could really do our heads in.

Paul

PS I did get some maps for the campground at Disney (Ive been told to request "ring 300" as a good area to stay) :-

http://www.wdw-photos.com/04maps/fwrec.GIF

http://www.wdw-photos.com/04maps/fw.gif

Paul, glad you found the CG maps. I must have missed them.

WoW !!!

That works out to $100 plus per day. Last time I stayed at Fort Wilderness was 4 years ago and it was about $35 per day. But that wasn't over Christmas. Also note that that is the absolute busiest time of year for Disney (between Christmas and New Year). Do you homework, read the books and look at the websites on Disney. If you plan your trip and activities well, you should have too many problems.

Howard

Back
Top Bottom