Buying a used travel or fifth-wheel trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl L

Moderator Emeritus
Buying a used trailer can be a chancy business.  Our Library has a procedure in evaluating a unit for your use under the general heading of Buying an RV

Can't see the Library button? You need to register as a member of the forum and log in.

If you are looking at used campers I have found one of the main things to look for is "hidden water damage".  Take someone who is an experienced in campers, don't be afraid of pushing on walls, ceilings, walk in small steps all around the floor areas especially in the bath area.  One of the most expensive repairs is to this type of problem.

I have had to to do several inspections on used RV's for people looking to upgrade this past year. I have offered this service for several years now. You should hire your local Independent RV Service to do this. If you were buying a used car,wouldnt you take it to be inspected. Just a little advice from a guy that has been in this business 24 years. seeya Larry

Does anyone know the blue book value of a 2009 HEARTLAND North Trail Travel Trailer  Model # 21FBS.  Looking to buy a used one and want to make sure I'm not getting ripped!!!  Thanks for any information or where I can find the information.

Agree with all posts here.
Interesting that the TT industry has little regulation and no mandatory disclosures, unlike buying a home or auto.
It's buyer beware at all costs! I did my homework before purchase ans decided on a consignment sales place in Houston.
PPL Motorhomes is where I bought mine after hearing many horror stories and hearing an equal number of lousy pitches from sketchy sales people!

Cody

I have locked this topic which was intended to provide general advice on trailer buying.  If you have a question about a specific trailer model or deal, post it in a new topic in this part of the RV Forum so other members can zero in on your specific concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom