Water tank removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

todd jo

Hi all!  First time here and I have a question to which I think I already know the answer.  I will begin by letting you know I did do a brief search on this site and came up dry.  I am sure this has been beat to death, but I dont know my way around here.

I recently got a 78 model Kit truck camper.  It has the typical fresh water holding tank under the step up into the cab over.  Previous owner said the tank leaked out all over the floor on two occasions and he gave me a replacement tank to put in.  He is a plumber so I am sure it was not a hose leak.  Of course the replacement was not even close to being dimensionally correct.  Long story short, do I need to completely dismantle the interior of the camper to put a tank back in that will be the same capacity.  Sure looks like they built the entire interior arond this tank.  I expect at one point or another something fell under the sink and migrated to a spot under the tank and worked a hole in the bottom.

Any thoughts or links to other posts will be a help.

How big is the tank?  If it's in the step-up to the cabover, most likely you'd only have to take off the top of the step. 

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with the Kit, but rest assured the tank is meant to be removable.  Like you said, they do leak once in a while.

the tank is under the fridge at one end and under the sink at the other.  It is blocked solid at each end where it cannot slide over.  The step is roughly half the length of the tank.  I hope you are right.  I need to go look again with a fresh head.

Back
Top Bottom