FMCA Indio rally starts 2010.01.06(Jan 6, 2010)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

Russ Mahoney has arrived Sunday Jan 3. Parked on grass in front of betting parlor, facing south, 2nd row N of Taj Mahal bldg. I was supposed to have electric, but then someone else parked me here. I do have a sat friendly site and close to everything, so 2 out of 3 aint bad.

Hey, Russ, I think you're in the spot we were in last year ! That means Happy Hour is at your place every night :) We were right in front of the betting parlor so had extra "patio" space. Of course, we also had trees covering the solar panels.

Wendy

Wendy said:
Hey, Russ, I think you're in the spot we were in last year ! That means Happy Hour is at your place every night :) We were right in front of the betting parlor so had extra "patio" space. Of course, we also had trees covering the solar panels.

Wendy

Yep, except for the trees. I am in the clear.

Well it has been a very good rally here in Indio. I have been to all the seminars many times, so do not bother with them at all.

Shopping at the vendors and arranging service on the coach is prime activity for me. I got a water pump replaced, lube and oil changes for engine and generator, and Shaun Davis did some touch up work on the MCD blinds and fridge that he installed back in Sept.

Happy hour gabfests were superb. Bernie, Marlene, Terry, Betty, Jerry, Ardra, Mike, Wendy, Frank, Barb attended.

Tonight Terry, Betty, and I went out for Thai and happened on a superb place: Le Basil, 72695 hywy 111 in Palm Desert CA. Highlight of the meal was Larb, a dish of ground meat (pork, this time) with onion, mint and spices. usually served as a salad course.

Tomorrow we shift down to Anzo Borrego.

Ken & Sheila said:
How was the turnout for Indio??
Ken,

I think they announced that 1500 coaches came to rally.  Very orderly departure today.  Some like us stayed  until 12:30.  We were havingyet another service done. 

There were not the  required 12 Dealers signed up to attend so all coaches were "For display only." 
Betty

Betty Brewer said:
Ken,

There were not the  required 12 Dealers signed up to attend so all coaches were "For display only." 
Betty

I didn't know they needed 12 dealers - wonder why. Iif they were California dealers I don't see the problem - except maybe from "local" dealers. Kind of hard in these economic times to get twelve dealers to a regional rally.

I am not sure the the last National rally at Pomona had many more than 12 dealers.

Have fun at Anza Borrego. Tell Terry to stay out of the sand!

ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom