FireFox newest version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is no 64 bit version of Firefox.  3.5.7 is the latest for all versions of any OS, not just Windows.  See <a href="http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html">here</a> for all the downloads for all languages and OS versions.

Tom said:
Both my laptops were updated overnight. Haven't checked Chris' desktop, but I suspect if was updated also.

I wonder why this computer would not inform me  automatically about the update like it usually does in Firefox.  I was surprised when I checked and it said an update is available. I would not have checked if I didn't read this thread. I am downloading it now as I am typing this message.

-Don- (in Sha Tin, Hong Kong)​

Don,

Just curious how you're getting online from HK. It's been many years since I was there. Have some vague memories of Sha Tin.

Is Tom feeling like he's "come home"?

The auto-update in FF seems to lag well behind the availability of new versions.  My systems usually don't auto update until 8-10 days after I hear about an update. I wonder if they intentionally stage the downloading to avoid server congestion? More often than not I just click Check For Updates  rather than waiting on the automatic feature.

Tom said:
Don,

Just curious how you're getting online from HK. It's been many years since I was there. Have some vague memories of Sha Tin.

Is Tom feeling like he's "come home"?

We're staying at the Sha Tin Regal Riverside Hotel which has high speed cable in every room. Wireless too, but that's weak in some rooms.

http://www.regalhotel.com/Regal-Riverside-Hotel/Main/Hotel-Home/Hotel-Home.aspx

When it's time to go back to the USA,  I might have trouble convincing Tom to go back with me! BTW, since he was born here, he can live here, but I cannot.

BTW, I guess you know they dont have napkins in restaurants in Hong Kong (hotels don't count!).

But a few use toilet paper for napkins. Here's a picture of one. That's the container for the toilet paper  with the picture of the cat on the center of the table, with the extra rolls on the next table. That's Tom's arm on the extreme left, I took the picture.

The next picture is what we had for dinner there at 0200 hrs. Clay pot chicken and clay pot spareribs with rice, just under the HK $24.00 (US $3.08).

We has snake soup for lunch (venomous, Krait and Cobra). Ever try it? If not,see:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2104815/snake_soup_in_hong_kong/

-Don- Sha Tin, Hong Kong​

Attachments

• IMAG0003.JPG
    IMAG0003.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0006.JPG
    IMAG0006.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 25
I'd have a tough time eating the soup after first seeing the snakes  :(  Sound like you have good online access. Hope it's like that for you in China.

RV Roamer said:
The auto-update in FF seems to lag well behind the availability of new versions.  My systems usually don't auto update until 8-10 days after I hear about an update. I wonder if they intentionally stage the downloading to avoid server congestion? More often than not I just click Check For Updates  rather than waiting on the automatic feature.

Gary

I would tend to agree with you. I normally hear about new versions before I get updated but on this one it seems like I was among the first to be updated automatically.

Tom said:
Sound like you have good online access. Hope it's like that for you in China.

When we were in China a couple of years ago, every hotel we found had internet in one form or another. But where it was free, it was VERY slow. A lot slower than dial-up. But where we had to pay extra for the service, it was very fast.

-Don- Sha Tin, Hong Kong​

Don, we have a lot of "Black Racer" snakes in my backyard. Non-poisonous but they are pets.

Would you like me to catch a few for you? Trouble is they are hard to catch - Racers-. 

Just kidding.... carson FL 38?F

Ned said:
  3.5.7 is the latest for all versions of any OS, not just Windows.  See <a href="http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html">here</a> for all the downloads for all languages and OS versions.

3.6 out now

FF 3.6 automatically downloaded and installed v3.6 this morning. So far, the major impact that I have seen is the loss of 4 add-ons not yet compatible; Flashblock, Forecastfox, IE Tab and PDF Download.

FF 3.6 was release around 1/20.  Just 6 of my 52 extensions aren't compatible, and those 6 aren't critical to me.  IE Tab is replaced with Coral IE Tab and it is compatible with 3.6.  And it works better :)

Ned said:
FF 3.6 was release around 1/20.  Just 6 of my 52 extensions aren't compatible, and those 6 aren't critical to me.  IE Tab is replaced with Coral IE Tab and it is compatible with 3.6.  And it works better :)

Thanks Ned, IE Tabs has been replaced.

The current released version is 3.6.  Check the Help | About Mozilla Firefox window for the version no.  The Firefox installer is version 4.42.0.0.

Ned said:
The current released version is 3.6.  Check the Help | About Mozilla Firefox window for the version no.  The Firefox installer is version 4.42.0.0.

Thanks Ned,

It sure is nice to have knowledgeable people on this forum to help the rest of us.

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom