2001 Winnebago bedroom slide problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chuck111

The bedroom slide at times does not operate when the switch to extend is pushed on my 2001 Adventurer. I have found that if I start the engine and extend the living room slide first the bedroom would then work while the engine is running. Seems to work fine unitl it sits for awhile then the process is repeated. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check? I am focused on the solenoid???

When all the switches on my HWH system started to get intermittent I first changed the solenoid with no improvement.  I then went to the connections. I bought some spray electrical cleaner. Pretty expensive to get the spray designed for cleaning contacts and leaving no residue (about $15 - $20 a can).  I pulled off each connection at the junction box and sprayed both sides of the connection and reassembled.  That was about 2 weeks ago and the intermittent switch problem has went away. The next issue I would have started looking at the contacts in the junction box itself. 

Start slow and go by the steps before you jump into an expensive repair. 

Sarge

I had problems with my slide operating intermittently. A call to the HWH tech line was a big help the technician walked me through a series of steps that located the proglem
Bunky

Sounds to me like you have so much voltage drop; there's insufficient voltage to pull in the solenoid. By starting the engine first you of course provide charging/additional voltage/less voltage drop. 
  You can try reversing the slide out procedure (BR first) with and w/o engine running.
  Its unlikely both solenoids failed simultaneously.
  The only common denominator is voltage drop.
  Puretronics is a good contact cleaner, the last can I purchased was $5.19 at Frys.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
I started at the pump and have been cleaning the connections. I have lost the wiring as it runs through the dash. My thoughs were to start checking voltage at each connection while another helper activates the rear bedroom slide. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Check the voltage at the solenoid coils w/o the engine running.
The 'coil' is what activates the solenloid.

what is the condition of your house batteries? the hwh pump draws a lot of current. your batteries must to be in good shape with a full charge (12.6v- 12.8v) to operate the slides and jacks without the engine running.
if your batteries are at 12.0 volts when you start to deploy the slides and jacks, they are already  50% discharged.
watch the house battery voltage indication while the slides and jacks are being operated. :)

One thing I failed mention is that when the switch is pushed to extend the rear bedroom I can hear the pump activate.

Back
Top Bottom