Entry door problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afchap

When we open/close the front entry door on our coach, I hear metal scraping on metal. I finally isolated the sound to the little hinged ?strap? that stops the door from opening too far ? it is attached to the door frame, and hinges into the door. When opening/closing the door, the hinged strap is rubbing on the forward edge of the hole that it goes through into the door. It is entirely possible that the hinged strap has been bent, etc by the door trying to exceed it?s open limit.  If there is any adjustment to the strap, I am guessing it would be the two screws that appear to attach the assembly to the door itself. However, with the screws loosened, I cannot seem to move the strap assembly away from the side it is scraping. (and it is too bloody cold even here in Alabama right now to stand there with the door open for very long!!!).  Can anyone tell me IF there is a adjustment I can do for the hinged strap, and if so, HOW??

I can't say that I know how the door stop works, but I have one too.  I did know that it wasn't going to last long though, especially if a good gust of wind caught it. Myself and a few others like SCVjeff came up with a good alternative though. 

We added a nylon strap to the top of the door about 8" long that is secured to the top of the door frame on the other end. It acts as a safety strap to prevent the door from snaping open and bending the hinges in a strong wind. 

I have had mine on for about a year and a half and it has saved my door several times.  Sorry I couldn't help with the original problem.
Sarge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom