Sightseeing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Tom said:
Russ, the scale model is something I would have liked to have seen.

BTW I skipped Elvis too - I stayed in the coach across the street while Chris visited Graceland.

Tom:

I can hear Chris now.

"I have seen North America while Tom has played with his computer."  ;D ;D

Jeff

You don't know how close those words are to what Chris would (and does) say  ;D

OTOH when she makes her umpteenth trip to see Mickey Mouse or the highlights of San Francisco, Reno or Tahoe and everywhere in between, I can honestly say "Been there, done that too many times". The old Pace used to know its own way. It finally got to the point that we'd have overseas visitors fly into LA or Orlando and I'd buy Chris a plane ticket to go entertain them.

Tom said:
Jeff

You don't know how close those words are to what Chris would (and does) say  ;D

OTOH when she makes her umpteenth trip to see Mickey Mouse or the highlights of San Francisco, Reno or Tahoe and everywhere in between, I can honestly say "Been there, done that too many times". The old Pace used to know its own way. It finally got to the point that we'd have overseas visitors fly into LA or Orlando and I'd buy Chris a plane ticket to go entertain them.

Tom,

We're just very happy that you relented and let Chris show us San Francisco while we were in the area. :) It was a great time which we will remember for a loong time.

LOL Jim, we had a good time too. We tried to take Ned & Lorna there, but Ned told me he'd previously driven down Lombard Street enough times to last a lifetime  ;D

Tom said:
LOL Jim, we had a good time too. We tried to take Ned & Lorna there, but Ned told me he'd previously driven down Lombard Street enough times to last a lifetime  ;D

Never can drive down Lombard street enough! ;D I only wish it was a sunny day instead of rainy. I didn't realize where we were until we crested the top of the hill and started down Lombard. ;D

Rumor has it that Arnold Schwatzenwatsit made special arrangements to open the Capitol when Lorna visited last Sunday.

Tom

Yes but he didn't stay around to visit with me.  If you think that Lombard street is fun you should try driving the upper road of Yosemite with a 38' motor home and a toad.  Ned called it the white knuckle ride.  It was very beautiful but would rather do it with a car.

And then there are the 2 tunnels that are 10'6" at the curb.  Fortunately, they're very short :)

LOL Lorna and Ned. I haven't driven a motorhome into Yosemite since the 80's. Did it one time and said "never again" and that was with a 29 foot coach.

Ned said:
And then there are the 2 tunnels that are 10'6" at the curb.? Fortunately, they're very short :)

Hopefully you came out the other end with all the bits and pieces on the roof and sides  still properly attached.

The tunnels were about 13' in the center.  Just have to avoid the sides :)

Back
Top Bottom