rv remodeling project. (you might think i'm crazy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
welcome to rv forum...
what kinda rv do you have? :-\
you could update your signature block to include this info.
what material is on your ceiling now?

I guess that would be the last thing I would consider in an RV (or anywhere else for that matter). Find a room in a home that has a popcorn ceiling then rub your hand across it - and it becomes a snow fall ceiling. Also - especially if, 1. you are a smoker, it will be dirty within months, 2. cooking odors will adhere and cooking greases will discolor it quickly, 3. It holds moisture and in the close confines of an RV, will soon become discolored with mold and/or mildew, particularly if you are in a high humidity area or even use the shower or boil water. And in case you wonder, I have had experience with that junk. It's a builders cheap way of covering a lousy sheet rock job and not having to pay for a painter and paint to do the ceiling in a house.

When I watch various shows on HGTV I've noticed that people walk into older houses, see a popcorn ceiling, and immediately state it will have to go.  My question is - why would you want to have it?  Been there, done that, no way.  They look terrible when they get dirty and do not paint well without a terrible mess.  In 35+ years of RVing, I've never seen it used in an RV.  They tend to use a fabric that will absorb sound or a smooth vinyl-like surface that can be cleaned easily.

ArdraF

NO- and the glitter that was sprayed on with it looks very tacky. IMO- your results may vary. Although- if you are doing a 70's era coach, the long shag would fit in perfectly/

. (you might think i'm crazy) 

Well that thought did cross my mind.

The 70's called and they want their ceiling back.

haha...having a bunch of popcorn ceiling complete with 3% asbestos in my house, and the fact that it crumbles off at the slightest touch makes me never want to see another popcorn ceiling. Put a heavy texture on instead if that's what you're after. Not sure how it'd hold up to all the flexing in a motorhome or trailer though.

Back
Top Bottom